is it a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Lillian, Methuen, MA Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

5
Megan, Home Buyer, Swampscott, MA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Yes! Wonderful families, wonderful neighborhoods. Grew up on the North Shore and couldn't be happier.
Katrina26023, Home Buyer, Haverhill, MA
Tue Sep 11, 2012
I've been living in Haverhill for the last 45 years... love Haverhill. lots of schools, entertainment, and great access to highways/ commuter rail in2 locations. The condo at 11 Vila # 207 is a great unit for single, retired or couple. The building is small - 37 units, quiet and friendly. I've been in it... lots of sun, well maintained , professionally cleaned and only 3 yrs. old.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Sep 10, 2012
One person will answer this one way and another person will answer it another way. I suggest that you drive the neighborhood an interview the people you meet there. Interview the school system personnel, ask the local merchants, and make an assessment for yourself.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Michael Lapi…, , Haverhill, MA
Sun Sep 9, 2012
Lillian:

If you would like to look at properties in Haverhill and do not have a buyer's agent yet, I would be happy to show you around. I was born, raised and still live in Haverhill. Please feel free to contact me.

Michael LaPierre
Draper Real Estate
95 Main St.
No Andover, MA 01845
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sat Sep 8, 2012
Every person has a different idea of where they see themselves living and raising a family. One must see if the school systems meet their needs, how the places of worship are, if thats important to them and how each area within a community may differ as well. Get a buyers agent to drive you around, view the different schools, look at the mcas scores, see what % graduate and go onto college, view different different areas within a community and see if it is as you imagine and want. Read information on line about the community, speak to the local police dept, to see if it is a safe area you are considering. Lastly speak to your future neighbors.

Some want to be close to their employment, transportation, friends, family ect. We are very fortunate in that there are so many great places in Massachusetts to raise a family.