is bedford stuyesvant a good place to live.?

Asked by Analeigh, Brooklyn, NY Thu May 3, 2012

Answers

6
Kimbley Jack…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Mon May 21, 2012
Yes, Bedford Stuyvesant is a good place to live. I grew up there. In the past, Bedford Stuyvesant was known as Do or Die Bed-Sty. Now it is beginning to be known as Stuyvesant Heightsand has become a more diverse calm neighborhood. Close to all: Transportation, houses of worship, stores and the local shopping area Fulton Street.

What's best is that depending on the area in Bedford Stuyvesant you can reach Manhattan by train within 20-30 minutes, Downtown Brooklyn by train 15-30 minutes or by bus 15-30 minutes. Enjoy the weekend and visit Prospect Park for a stroll or take the children to the Brooklyn Museum.

You have the Restoration, Billie Holiday Theatre, Pratt University, Marcy Pool, Dahlia's cafe, Winery, Spa, etc. and of course diverse ethnic backgrounds visit and reside in the neighborhood.

I hope I was able to assist.

Kimbley Jackson, Licensed Real Estate Agent
GoldStar Properties of NY
347-724-7677
kimbley@gspnyc.com
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri May 4, 2012
Literally, everything is a stone's throw away. You have shopping, boutiques, transportation, etc...
Bed Stuy/The Brooklyn Heights area is beautiful. Of course it's a good place to live.
Bed-Stuy is nowhere near Brooklyn Heights.
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012
Robbie Vaughn, Agent, Mineola, NY
Thu May 3, 2012
I can't answer your question, but I actually own property in Bed Stuy. Might be able to put you in touch with one of my tenants. Give me a call if I can help. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://bverealty.com
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu May 3, 2012
Dear Analeigh:

If you ask the people that live there right now I am quite certain they would say that it is a good place to live. In the end this is a very subjective question and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. If you are considering living in the area, or any area for that matter, you need to research it out and make sure that it is good for YOU! :)

If I can be of further assiatcne please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu May 3, 2012
A good place should be dictated and defined by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore if unfamiliar with the area, take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day; check all that's important to you, possibly caht with locals/neigbors, then determine if your comfort level can be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Thu May 3, 2012
Analeigh,
Everyone's idea of "a good place to live" varies, so the question is really is Bedford Stuyvesant a good location for YOU. I would suggest you spend some time there. Go in the day, go at night, go on the weekend. Google some of the restaurants, attractions, etc. visit them and see how you feel there. Other ways to investigate a neighborhood are to check police precinct crime stats. If schools are a consideration, investigage the schools. There is a lot of development happening there, and pricing on condos as well as townhouses are very good compared to other brownstone neighborhoods.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com for all NYC listings