is 55316 a good place to live?

Asked by evette96, Champlin, MN Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

4
Erlenea, Home Owner, Champlin, MN
Wed Dec 4, 2013
If you are looking at some of the older homes around the area (not the new developments by the schools), I would be aggressive in inspections. The front portion of our home, as well as our driveway, are sinking into the ground considerably. Additionally, our deck's posts were never cemented into the ground, and only dug in about 3 feet deep. We can no longer go after our builders or previous owner (without it costing us thousands), as the home was to far removed from our purchase by the time we realize these issues starting. I believe it was built in the late 70's, early 80's. So, be careful with the housing.

However, the city of Champlin is excellent. Much to do, many things very close-by. If it isn't in Champlin, it'll be in Maple Grove or Coon Rapids, both only a few miles away. Very kid friendly! City athletics program, the open soccer/softball teams, etc., are very "everyone wins," so if you don't like that, look more into their traveling teams, school teams, or local club teams instead. My daughter began cheering with CDAA in '05-'08 with an excellent program coached by then-high school captains, which has since gone completely down the tubes. Overall, athletics are well-established here, just check into such things.

Go for it!
Ryan Palmer, Agent, Champlin, MN
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Champlin is indeed a great place to live. The neighborhoods tend to be very well established and stable. There are some great parks for families and sports, including Andrews Park, which is having a splash pad built this year. As far as restaurants, there are some great ones like Buena Sera, Mavericks, El Toro, Q-Fanatic, etc.

Another perk is that housing tends to be more affordable here than in some of the neighboring cities like Maple Grove, but still conveniently close.

Thanks for asking,

Ryan
(a champlin resident)
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Not sure if you are interested in looking at the schools of Champlin....I pasted just one link that may be helpful. Hopefully, others can add as well!

~Chris
Roman Cantu, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Champlin is a great place to live. Great location on the south side of the river, great access to 169 and 610 for travel. Great schools, restaurants, shopping, etc... only 10 minutes to Maple Grove and Coon Rapids shopping hubs. I have lived in Champlin since 1998 and can attest to the area being a great place to live.