i was just wondering if anyoneis aware of the north side south side gang issuses that is going on at huffines

Asked by K Gra, Lewisville, TX Fri Jan 30, 2009

-we are having alot of issues with fighting in the parks and walking trails cutting through from valley parkway to old orhard kids do not seem to care when adults try to break it up they are just turning on the adults and it takes 10 mins. for 911 to respond we need to do something about this i am up for any suggestions but please do not say just mind my own bussiness because that how our kids got this way no one cared they just do what ever they want with no punishment and i dont beleive minding my own bussiness will make my kids feel safer at school or on the way home or for the little kids to feel safe playing out side. our town and school needs help everyones help before it gets any worse.
This question is about Huffines Middle School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/TX-Lewisville/Huffines_Middle_School

--

--
This question is about Huffines Middle School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/TX-Lewisville/Huffines_Middle_…

Answers

1
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Probably best to speak with CRO at the police department or if they have a gang unit speak to the officer in charge of the gang unit. You can also call often your city council person. Belive me the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The trick is finding the balance of calls. Call too much and they will think you are crazy. Call to little and nothing gets done.

If there is grafetti, organize the PTA, the lions club, rotary club, or school clubs to clean it up on a regular basis.

The other idea is to organize more community events in the area. Boy Scout campouts in the park, community baseball games, community dinnes, whatever. The more community activities in the park will make the gang members less comfortable about hanging out.

Good luck and thanks for the interest in our community.