i want to know if 2412 old mystic ct is a good place to raise a family?

Asked by kahib1128, Crofton, MD Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

5
Ariana Loucas, Agent, National Harbor, MD
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Dear Kahib1128,
You have an excellent question that is asked often. I wrote a blog on this 2 years ago that may help:
Researching an area to move is probably the first thing you as home buyers do when wanting to move. The research often begins with the houses, and prices. If you like the homes for the price, then many buyers make searching community amenities and perhaps schools next.

Now comes the time to have the REALTOR take you out and tour the homes researched. Wondering if your research has been accurate you ask the agent “How is this area?” At which point you should imagine hearing the sounds of a mack truck’s screeching breaks trying to stop before hitting the itty bitty car in front of them. What I mean by this is did you know that it is a violation for us REALTORS to comment on any neighborhood, community, city, region, or even schools. That’s right. We could be accused of trying to “steer” certain people into certain neighborhoods by answering questions like “What are the demographics here?” Or “What is the crime rate here?”

To find these answers call the local police department. Google the local crime reports, which often will populate by entering an address alone. Drive the areas at different times and include early morning trips to gain an idea of traffic to and from your office if you’d be in rush hour traffic. I had a client rent a hotel room one night near the house she was considering to get a feel for the community and commute to work. She shopped the nearby malls, ate at an area restaurant, walked the local park, and left the hotel for work in the morning. What a great idea to get hands on research.

Do your own investigating and ask neighbors in the community. With the Internet, everything you’d want to know is at your fingertips from community reports, school report cards, US Census reports, employment / employers and more. Just remember, you shouldn’t seek this information from a licensed Real Estate Professional. A home purchase is a big investment lasting years. Do your homework in advance.

I hope this helps.
Ariana Loucas
Maria Avella…, Agent, LAUREL, MD
Wed Mar 28, 2012
I personally own a property in this area, your question can only be answer by you and your family.

What is it that you are looking for in a home and neighborhood. There are a number of web pages that provide information on different subjects, schools, crime statistics, facilities etc.

So only by researching the area and based on what your family needs and wants can you get your answer. Some of this info web sites are included when realtors like me use the official MLS to send you searches.

Best of luck for you
Len Moyer, Agent, Columbia, MD
Wed Mar 28, 2012
It is a violation of Fair Housing laws to answer this question.
Kimberly Bar…, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Many people love the Crofton area for lots of reasons. The obvious pluses include that it is convenient to both Baltimore and Washington for commuters, has lots of community events, organized sports teams for children and adults, plentiful varied housing, shopping, restaurants, hobby clubs and ctivities and more.

Everyone has different needs and definitions of what a good place for raising families. I would encourage you to visit any communities that you are considering and get a feel for the area, drive or walk the neighborhood, visit the local stores and restaurants, check the parks and other community areas that you deem important for your family.

If you are looking for statistics for schools or neighborhood reports, you can visit my website for further demographic breakdowns that may help you analyze data based on your own criteria.

If I can help further, let me know!

Kimberly Barton
REALTOR®
CRIS, AHWD, Certified Foreclosure & Short Sale Adviser.
Employer-Assisted Housing Specialist
Champion Realty, Inc.
711 Bestgate Road, Annapolis MD 21401
410-224-0645 (Direct)
Cindy Tutwil…, Agent, Crofton, MD
Wed Mar 28, 2012
I live across the street from this home and it's a great place to raise a family. The new elementary is the best and the neighborhood has two pools to choose from for summertime fun. I have two children and they love the area as well. If you have any other questions about the neighborhood or the home buying process please don't hesitate to call me at 410-353-7036. My name is Cindy Tutwiler and I have lived and worked in the Crofton area for many years. You can also email me at cindytutwiler@championrealty.com with questions or concerns about any other area surrounding Crofton. Hope this helps.