i here that orlando has a very high crime rate and very poor schools

Asked by valandkaren, Orlando, FL Fri Jan 4, 2013

Answers

4
Sarah_truman, Renter, Orlando, FL
Fri Nov 22, 2013
depends on what part of 32817. the farther away from st rd 50 (east colonial) the better. I live in 32817 by dean rd and university blvd an it's a wonderful neighborhood and an even better school!
Carl Head, Agent, Maitland, FL
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Hi Valandkaren,

Thanks for turning to the Real Estate professionals here at TRULIA.

I’m wondering who you heard this from. If you’re asking a Real Estate Agent in another city, who doesn’t work in Orlando….you can probably see where I’m going here, right?

I can appreciate your wanting to live in a “safe” area, with good schools. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer from right here in Orlando, and would be glad to share with you my perspective as to what parts of town are “safe” versus others that I would not recommend (would I live there, or want my loved one’s to live there…)

The quality of the school will be reflected by the area you chose to live.

Anyway, if you’d like, please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com and we can discuss this further.

Carl Head

Realty Center-Orlando
Jimmy, Home Owner, Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Yup, Orlando does and Disney owns orl, so you never hear about it.
Not sure what you mean by this. I have been in the Orlando area for 23 years and I have never been in any crime related problem and I do go out all the time to restaurants, parks, and all over the place.
Flag Fri Jan 4, 2013
Carri Schoel…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Every major city has it's issues with crime. It became a big city because EVERYONE WANTED to move here. I second Javier's comment - don't move here if you think it's bad. BTW we have some EXCELLENT schools and very desirable areas to live in. That's why you hire a Realtor to help you find what is an area you wish to live in.

Carri Schoeller ABR, e-PRO