iS grEELEY A GOOD PLACE TO RAISE A FAMILY?

Asked by Sharon Tomlinson, Greeley, CO Wed Sep 12, 2012

Answers

8
Brian Persons, Other Pro, Greeley, CO
Tue Nov 13, 2012
Hi Sharon,
I have lived here for 30 yrs and have raised my family here successfully. Just like every town, there is good and bad. The community is very diverse,college, agriculture,oil...The town has more than doubled in size since I graduated high school here in '82 and is still growing..good luck on you decision and best wishes.
Brian
Web Reference:  http://greeleygov.com
Lori Lindholm, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Hi Sharon, Because as Licensed Realtors we are not supposed to steer our clients to any neighborhood, good or bad which is really tough for me as an agent. I have personally lived in Greeley on the West side primarily. Like any community you are going to have good and bad experiences in any neighborhood. I suggest that you drive around yourself in different neighborhoods in Greeley at prime times during the day and weekends to see what fits your family the best! There are some very good schools in Greeley as well as shopping, dining, parks, activities. You can get alot more home for your money and there are many nice homes in Greeley. With any City, Town it is best to check out the neighborhoods and area's. Then contact an agent that you can trust to handle the transaction.

Best Wishes!
OddWheelz, Both Buyer And Seller, Loveland, CO
Sat Oct 13, 2012
The answer from:

loganprc34, Home Buyer, Livermore, CO
Definetly not there are stupid little street running gang bangers all over in side of greeley i highly not recomend moving there

is 100% CORRECT! "Affordable" - because the area is so bad no one wants to live there, Greeley's reputation is well known. Gangs, drugs, run-down... Just say NO.
This is bad, Greeley is a great community with great people. Yes, in the past there was a problem with these things. This is not the case now the GPD and Sheriffs offices have really done a great job. I am proud to be apart of this growing community.
Flag Thu Feb 26, 2015
I am a graduate student and have lived here for the last 3 years. You obviously do not live here. Do not believe the rumors.
Flag Fri Jun 28, 2013
Flag Fri Jun 28, 2013
loganprc34, Home Buyer, Livermore, CO
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Cory Fitzsim…, Agent, Golden, CO
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Do some research on the area: schools, demographics, walk-scores, community pages, neighborhood pages, police logs, medical services, etc. You will find many folks have raised a family there.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Wed Sep 12, 2012
And....it's very AFFORDABLE!!!
Sean Dougher…, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Of course - there ate schools, places of worship, medical services, and many leisure activities!
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Check out the schools and visit the neighborhoods. A big thing in its favor is the University of Northern Colorado.