how good and secure and neat is 07003?

Asked by Stellayomide, Bloomfield, NJ Tue Jun 26, 2012

Answers

8
abanks434’s answer
abanks434, Renter, Bloomfield, NJ
Fri May 24, 2013
i wouldn't recommend u 2 live here the train is annoying the holes in the ground are big as pot holes and I live next to rite aid the train runs 24/7, but that's my opinon I don't know what you would like but I really don't think it would be bloomfield houses the schools are crappy the only good field trips are in the nicer schools im telling you don't make the same mistake I did
MONICA GIRAL…, Home Buyer, Bloomfield, NJ
Sun Jan 6, 2013
The north area it's nice, dont come to live here near watsessing park. I live here and looking forward to move soon. Bloomfield, is nice around bloomfield middle school. :) good luck
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Hi Stella,

I responded to your other question about rentals in Bloomfield. As I stated in that answer, there are many areas and sections of Bloomfield between the North End and South End and all the areas in between. Even though divided up into different areas, all attend the same high school.

I know the very area well on both a business/real estate and personal level.

Feel free to contact me.
THANKS GINA, I WILL HAVE MY HUSBAND CONTACT YOU. APPRECIATE!
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012
Blondepisces…, Home Buyer, Montclair, NJ
Fri Jun 26, 2015
I've lived in the Watsessing Park area for more than 20 years as a renter. This area was wonderful years ago, not so much now. Witnessed a stabbing 2 doors down a few years ago and see too much trouble coming across the border from East Orange. I dont feel save walking in the park and there are garbage stores in the Center. Years ago it was a nicer place to live, shop and raise your family. I am moving this summer and know a few families who can't wait to sell and move as well. Just in my neighborhood alone there are foreclosed homes with their properties a mess. All these new housing projects have created a nightmare of congestion and noise. My quiet street has become a favorite short cut for NJ Transit buses speeding from the garage in Orange and construction trucks driving down the street rattling the house.
Sven, Both Buyer And Seller, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Fri Mar 22, 2013
I just happened to be looking at the site today and surprised to see people disparage the area near Watsessing Park. Town recently undertook the long-awaited rehabilitation plan to build up the downtown, and ground has been broken in multiple spots with a parking area now finished and a supermarket and some mid priced and luxury apartments to be added. The area borders Glen Ridge, has the train in its center, and Bloomfield College off the Town Green. It's the most townsy of all the Bloomfield parts, I believe, and has the park with the gorgeous County Soccer and Football field that was just built at its edge. I do believe that as you move east of the parkway the housing stock is not as maintained. However, that is nowhere near the majority of homes, and many new homeowners continue to come to be a part of something divergent and exciting, and yet both separate from, and close to, Montclair. Downtown Bloomfield is 28 minutes from Manhattan on the Midtown Direct, and has a few major bus lines that go through it. Streets have revitalized the homes both off and near Watsessing Park. Also, there are many third and fourth generation families that live in the area off of Washington Ave. and on Thomas St., Winsor, Appleton and Linden, from what I can tell. I have lived here for almost ten years and never seen any trouble and I bring my small kids to the park often, and have always felt safe. I Lastly, the schools. Many in this section place their kids in different schools, and there are a few blue-ribbon schools in the district, and Watsessing has gotten a great reception from new and longstanding families that have sent their kids there. All in all, Bloomfield is a find & a bargain, especially w/ downtown devt projects underway & restaurants already opening.
Meghan, Home Owner, Bloomfield, NJ
Wed Aug 1, 2012
I have lived in Bloomfield for 7 years, while the downtown currently leaves something to be desired, Thomas Cosearte (below) is completely blowing Bloomfield's problems our of proportion. I live 2 blocks from the trains station (and the hole in the ground), we live on a nice street that is a mix of two family homes and single family homes. We appreciate the value that we got in town, big house and big piece of property for a small price tag, and feel once the redevelopment of the major lot in the town center is complete we will be getting more bang for our buck. We have great neighbors and most people have a friendly attitude. I walk my dog every day and run into many other people who say hello and chit chat. We also have a great neighborhood association in Watsessing (for anyone who lives in the areas where the children would go to Watsessing School). My advice is to really do your research and talk to the neighbors when you go look at houses. If you have the time, rent here and see if you like it! We do!
No Meghan, the thing is everything I said is absolutely true. From Bloomfield's not having a commitment from a real Anchor store, to their deluded thinking that Bloomfield College will "carry" this town. The list of problems is too big to list here. Its a laughable situation. You say youve been here 7 years, Im glad your happy here in Bloomfield - truly. Unfortunately it cant change my opinion of the town I've lived in for 51 years. I remember seeing Bloomfield Center when it was Bloomfield's center. What I see now is beyond a ghost of the past. Taxes are waaaay too high now and the South End of town (where I own a MFD) has eroded so very much I cant even put quality renters in the home I own. Thats sad, but they are my problems. Now I want to wish you well, I imagine you may be on Washington St. - which is a VERY nice street. For me I am waiting for the economy to improve and then I plan to sell my home and leave Bloomfield. Be well.
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012
Thomas Cosea…, Both Buyer And Seller, Bloomfield, NJ
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Stella - Lived my whole life in Bloomfield, unfortunately I cant reccomend it either as a place to buy a SFH nor for renters who want to send kids to the HS. Bloomfield has serious serious problems. Property values are dipping and we are swamped by too many renters and not enough home buyers. So what is Bloomfields plan? To build residential rental units by the Hundreds and plaster this town and its services completely overwhelming them. They are about to decimate almost the ENTIRE center from the Corner of Liberty and Broad all the way down to the train station on Glenwood Ave. Our center is going to look like Beirut and they dont even have a plan for what kind of ratables to replace the cleared areas. They are destroying the Masonic Lodge on the corner of Liberty and Broad, a beautiful 1 of a kind building that has formed a fascade familiar to all of us and to replace it - Apartments. Apartments in a business only zone for as long as I can remember. Too many complaints Stella - my advice if you want to live in Essex county, Nutley I imagine would be your only choice - good luck
Nsalerno90, Home Buyer, Bloomfield, NJ
Tue Jul 3, 2012
I have been a resident here since 2003 and am raising two kids here; both attend BHS currently. I love it here -- I live next to Brookdale Park and can walk to the NYC bus, a butcher, a deli, a bagel store, three hair salons, two nail places, 5 restaurants, and two banks. Grocery store is 6 blocks. I feel incredibly safe here and live on a quiet cul-de-sac. Bloomfield is having its share of financial issues and the original center of town is undergoing a very slow moving redevelopment process guided by a poor mayor and ineffective council. However, our quality of life is very good -- the people are wonderful and my kids have had a wonderful childhood here. There is a difference between the various sections of town - drive around during the day and see what you think. We have been happy and the schools have served us well.