how do the realtors think Wake County schools compare with Chapel Hill schools?

Asked by Kimberly, Chapel Hill, NC Sat Oct 20, 2007

Answers

3
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Dec 8, 2007
Realtors need to be careful when voicing opinions on schools, as there has been much attention lately on how this can violate fair housing laws. When a Realtor has direct experience w/ a school, such as their children attend there, it is certainly OK to share that. A recent study determined that some Realtors were steering based upon good schools and schools that were not good.

Providing sources of data for consumers is always an option that keeps our repsonses from being interpretted as steering.

The sites that I always recommend are
schoolmatters.com
greatschools.net
Rosie Bolin, , Raleigh, NC
Fri Dec 7, 2007
My children attended both Wake County and Chapel Hill schools. For the most part, it depends on the school and your needs/preferences. What I like in schools, may not be something that is important to you. There is a big range of end of year test results in the Triangle as a whole. Go to the link below to compare schools across the Country in test scores, teacher retention, and other factors.
Web Reference:  http://www.greatschools.net
Ken Christian, , Raleigh, NC
Tue Oct 23, 2007
In my opinion, both school systems are excellent. The only thing I could say is the Chapel Hill system doesn't have as much redistricting and moving students around as Wake County. Wake County's system is growing so rapidly, that reassigning students is a fact of life. Chapel Hill's system is probably a little more stable for students. Other than that, both systems are good systems.