Schools in 77077>Question Details

albaneselsa, Renter in Houston, TX

free classes for a real estate agent in houston, tx

Asked by albaneselsa, Houston, TX Thu Sep 12, 2013

need to obtain a license

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 77077

Answers

7
Obtaining a real estate license is not free. Trainagents.com offers competitve pricing and you can take the classes at your own pace. This is not something you can accomplish in a week. It takes most people close to 6 months to finish real estate school. You will then have to pass a fairly intense exam, which many people do not pass on the first try. Once you have done that, you will need to apply with TREC to become licensed, which requires an extensive background check, fingerprinting, and a sponsoring Broker before you can actually practice real estate.
If you "need" to obtain a license, you "need" to pay for the courses, as all of us did. There's also a fee to take the exam. You'll also need to be prepared to spend at least several hundred dollars a month without benefit of income until your first transaction closes. Are you sure you really "need" to become a Realtor?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
I say "ditto" to that comment!

Be prepared for financial expenses every month even when there may be no income. It can be done but, it is tough. Very rewarding and fulfilling when you can help someone get into a home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
You might want to call the real estate schools for their suggestions. Champions School of Real Estate here in Houston.

Good luck. It is a great job, but be prepared for a lot of hard work the first 1-3 years as you learn the business. Not as easy as it seems on those HGTV shows!!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
Long ago...in a far away place there were some agencies that would pay for classes if you would join their agency. My guess is they had you sign some kind of commitment letter and were more or less loaning you the money.

I don't think anyone does this any more.

Probably about $1000 to get you license and another $1000 or so to pay for key card, dues, appt service and such.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
How do I go about training to become a Real Estate agent.
I have taken a course in class, certified in louisiana. Don't want to pay for another course in texas but I can't
work in texas with la. License.... no test to take to start in texas I have to send tx course info. Starting over....not what I want...do I go back to work... no...what u people don't
understand u don't
need a licence to buy or sell realistate ...private investor....knowledge is key....why work for a broker...internet save gas....maybe u. Need to rethink how someone living off your monthly fees.think......