Schools in Northeast Tampa>Question Details

Miguel A Alv…, Home Buyer in Lorain, OH

does the grass grow at all?

Asked by Miguel A Alvarado, Lorain, OH Mon Aug 12, 2013

This question was asked from… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

The property looks heavily shaded by a variety of oak trees that are common in our area of Florida. I own a home with several of these large trees in my yard, and the grass grows sparsely under them. The answer is that grass can be coaxed to grow under these trees, but the amount of leaves that fall and something about these trees makes grass growing a challenge. I've finally gone to mulched garden areas or ground growth under my oak trees and I am much happier with the results!
Every week, home owners come face to face with the fact that when it rains...the grass grows. Must be mowed every week in the summer, once every two weeks in winter.
Many opt for the raised gardens option and eliminate grass completely and install extensive well mulched walking paths. The mulch can be delivered FREE in most Pinellas County locations. But, there's always that pesky home owners association that can dictate what plants appear on YOUR real estate.
Miguel A Alvarado, although Tropicana Field, home of the Rays is covered with artifical turf, Florida yards have flowers, shrubs and bahia, st. augustine or zoysia grass.

Go Rays!

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.