can someone tell me about Davenport school and how it rates and does with special ed?

Asked by Mb, Stamford, CT Wed Jul 25, 2012

Answers

3
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Jul 25, 2012
Hello Mb,
Here is the link to the Special Education Department for the Stamford public schools:

http://stamfordpublicschools.org/content/64/151/4399/default.aspx

You can contact Wayne Holland at 203-977-4524 as he is the Director of Special Education Services and can probably best answer your questions.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Andrew Davis, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Jul 25, 2012
Hi Mb
You can call Sara Arnold with the board of ed. She has a wealth of information regarding the Stamford public schools and the special ed programs. She can be reached at 203-977-4098.

Best Regards
Andrew Davis
Prudential CT Realty
andrewdavis@prudentialct.com

http://www.andrewdavisct.com
Timothy Vale, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Jul 25, 2012
The 2012 Connecticut Mastery Test (CMT)results have just come out and are available on the website ctreports.com I'd gladly help you run some data. All of the available data is broken down by grade and then subject area. For example, The Davenport school grade 3 students in Math tested only second to the Springdale School with 87.3% of the students at or above proficient. Each grade and testing area will test differently.

An incredible tool to help gain some knowledge about the school is by viewing a strategic school profile. This report for Davenport is 6 pages long, full of date ranging from test scores, class size, even to the number of computers available per student. This report will give you a great view of the school beyond test scores. That report is available at ctdoe.gov.

Special education services are provided at each school in the district. I strongly suggest calling the Davenport Ridge school at 203-977-4291 and setting up an appointment to discuss what special education services they have.

I'll glady help you access the data and discuss what information may be available. I'm also an educator in the Stamford Public Schools and am proud to endorse the qualit of education that is offered here in our city.

Tim Vale
(203) 621-8541