can my son transfer from willow glen high school to pioneer if he lives with his dad in the pioneer area?

Asked by Mrenneke, San Jose, CA Thu Jan 24, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2008
I don't see why not. Have his Dad call Pioneer high school and register him if he lives with Dad more than 50% of the time, then Dad's address should be used as Son's residence. It would be as if Dad had just moved to the area with Son. Unless Pioneer is considered "overcrowded" there shouldn't be a problem. I would just have Dad call them and say "I live at this address and I need to enroll my son". Pioneer can request his transcripts from Willow Glen. If you want to get the phone number for Dad to make it easy for him, you can go to to look up Pioneer's phone number.
0 votes
Realtor, ,
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Hello Mrenneke, I have a link on my website for schools. Go there and look up the district information. Give the district a phone call. If you child lives with his parent for most of the year I don't think it would be a problem, but the district would be the one to give you the answer. Good luck.
0 votes
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Thu Jan 24, 2008

I would suggest you check with the San Jose School District on this. My guess if he is living with his Dad in the Pioneer area it would be a go. Good luck.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more