Which would you say is better academically, Agoura High or Calabasas High? More general question, which is a better city for kids to grow up and why?

Asked by Gs, 91302 Fri Aug 13, 2010

Thinking of moving from the westside, near LAX, specifically for our children's education and well being. They are preschool age right now. Great schools ranks them pretty much the same, and their curriculum seem similar. Hard to judge from the outside, any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

5
Jason & Meli…, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Thu Sep 16, 2010
These are both great schools and I know children have graduated from both schools and gone to great colleges. I think you should take into consideration the communities that they are in as they are very different. Both communities have their own merits and one may appeal to one person while the other may appeal more to another person. I don't think you can go wrong with either school so look into the communities to decide where you think you would rather live and raise your children. We have offices in both communities and the parents are happy in both. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.improta.com/
Rudy C'Dealva, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Fri Aug 13, 2010
I guess it depends on who you ask. Both schools are very close academically, with test scores leaning a tad toward Calabasas High. But there are other factors to consider depending on what activities your kids are into. For example, Agoura High has a better football program while Calabasas High has a better tennis program. And you will find more Mercedes & BMW's in the student parking lot at Calabasas than at Agoura High. The cost of homes are higher in Calabasas. Lots of gated communities & newer construction. Agoura Hills offfers a "small town feel"...lots of open space and has more equestrian facilities. I'd be happy to send you a sample of homes in both cities so you can compare pricing. You'll get more bang for your buck in Agoura Hills. For kids growing up, both Calabasas & Agoura Hills are very good choices.

Warm Regards,

Rudy C'Dealva
Prudential Realtors
818-876-3124 ofc
818-469-0800 cell
Web Reference:  http://www.homes2estates.com
inna ivchenko, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Tue Apr 18, 2017
My daughter is going to Calabasas High. If you have a question, feel free to give me a call.
Chgf, Home Owner, Calabasas Hills, CA
Thu Nov 11, 2010
How about drugs and bully. Which high school hep self confidence in the students. Academically is important but self confidence and respect is also important at this age.
Unfortunately, drugs and bullies are in most high schools. It is up to a child and his/her family/friends support to stay away from that.
Flag Tue Apr 18, 2017
Rudy C'Dealva, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Mon Sep 20, 2010
New Las Virgenes Unified School District API scores 2010 = 882, 2009 = 874

Bay Laurel 902
Chaparral 915
Lupin Hill 893
Round Meadow 875
Sumac 903
White Oak 899
Yerba Buena 934

Alice C. Stelle 917
Arthur E. Wright 905
Lindero Canyon 897

Agoura High 854
Calabasas High 848

Published in the Acorn Newspaper September 16th 2010.
Hope this helps,

Rudy C'Dealva
Prudential Realtors
818-876-3124 ofc
818-469-0800 cell