Which are the best suburbs in Palo alto or Menlo Park that have good elementry schools and middle schools?

Asked by H, San Francisco, CA Sat Feb 26, 2011

Answers

1
Mindy’s answer
Mindy, Home Owner, 94306
Fri Dec 30, 2011
I do not know about Menlo Park but for Palo Alto, you can get the standard API scores via internet.

I live in the Midtown and have friends who send their kids to Hoover, Ohlone, Addison, El Carmelo, Palo Verde, Briones and Fairmeadow. Most parents are super happy with their experience in their respective school. In general, all elementary schools are great. Note that Hoover and Ohlone are Choice schools, ie you can send your child there via lottery admission, provided you live anywhere within Palo Alto school district.

Having been the mom of a school goer, I can say that my perspective on what is a good school has changed over the past few years. To me, it's important to have educated parents who place high value on their kids' academic achievement (not necessarily push the kids but consider education important). You will find this population all over in Palo Alto and people are very committed to their community which shows through their volunteering and fund raising efforts for the schools. Teachers are supportive to the child's abilities and committed to bringing out the best in the kids. State curriculum is not a boundary, it's a guideline and often the kids will end up learning beyond the curriculum.

Of course, there will be exceptions, but this has been my general experience. Short answer, all schools are fantastic. Hope this helps.