Where is the cost of rental for land?

Asked by cassy32, Simi Valley, CA Sat Jul 27, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3125314847-5150-E-Los-Angeles…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Fred Konigsb…, Agent, CA, CA
Sat Jul 27, 2013
My apologies for the erroneous response earlier. The link did not show up on my computer. I thought you were asking about leasing land in general, not a mobile home park. Good luck to you in your pursuit.
0 votes
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Jul 27, 2013
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park,

Be very careful with MH's built before June 15, 1976, as they are PRE HUD homes and are very difficult to finance and sometimes even insure. Additionally, many if not most MH's built before 1979 have caustic (formaldehyde) and carcinogenic (asbestos) chemicals in many of the building materials i.e. particle board flooring, counter tops, insulation, popcorn and/or acoustical ceilings, etc.

Be sure to have it thoroughly inspected by an experienced MH inspector and not just any home inspector as there are several nuances with MHs that you don't have in a conventional site-built home and most home inspectors not familiar with these nuances will not even know what to look for.

Make sure the inspector crawls under the home and thoroughly inspects each and every pier and pad assembly for rust, deterioration and decomposition if steel and for decomposition if concrete as homes close to the ocean can be severely impacted by salt.

They should also make sure the home is level by checking all the doors and windows to make sure that they are not swinging or sticking and that all the strike plates on the doors are properly aligned and the doors close soundly.

The inspector should also inspect the steel mainframe for rust and decomposition as well. I can't tell you how many mainframes we've had to repair that were suffering and in some cases even failing from rust and deterioration related issues.

Be sure and have the inspector check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier under the floor. If there are openings in this membrane it could allow the insulation under the floor to become compromised and even fall on the ground.

Openings in the vapor barrier are also a great place for rodents and cats to habitate and reproduce. We've eradicated countless critters from these cavities over the years and it's not a very pleasant experience.

Finally and very importantly make sure the home has a California State Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) certified earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS) as most areas in California are classified as a Zone 4 earthquake area which holds a high probability of risk for a seismic event..

We are a California licensed and experienced manufactured home and general contractor and manufactured home dealer, developer and real estate brokerage with decades of experience in the MH industry.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 909-1110; cell: 760 815-6977. Or email us at onthelevel@cox.net.

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
http://www.mh-processing.com http://www.tagrealestatesales.com http://www.chadofalltrades.com http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
0 votes
That was very kind and informative. Thanks so much!
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
Todd Kaufman, Agent, Westlake Village, CA
Sat Jul 27, 2013
Hi Cassy,

The monthly land rental fee is $353.06. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Good luck,

Todd Kaufman
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Schools in Simi Valley Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more