Where are the best schools in the Jackson, MS area?

Asked by Martin, 92126 Sun Mar 14, 2010

I may be relocating to the Jackson MS area with my 8 1/2 year old son. I will be purchasing a home when I relocate My primary criteria for the location is the quality of the school system. Which areas have the best schools?

Answers

2
Rhonda Buckl…, Home Buyer, Ridgeland, MS
Mon Apr 4, 2011
None, trust me I know. The schools with the best school system is Madison County (Madison or Ridgeland). Rankin County or Clinton have great school system equivalent to Madison county. But please don't send your child to JPS. I went to Madison County Schools starting 3rd grade and graduated from Madison Central. In college I could tell the difference in the quality of my education. Madison, Ridgeland, Flowood, Byram, Clinton isn't far from Jackson. I just seen the testing scores for JPS and they are at the bottom. I higly recommend schools in Madison or Ridgeland. (Safer neighboorhoods, the police don't play)
Mauri Welzien, Agent, Ridgeland, MS
Sun Mar 14, 2010
I love the Ridgeland school system. Two of my three kids attend Ann Smith Elem. and Old Towne Middle. They love their school and can't wait to tell me what they have learned each day. Ridgeland is a great city and located adjacent to Jackson. I am including the city's web site for you - http://www.ridgelandms.org