When can we know school assignment this year?

Asked by xiam, Cary, NC Tue Jan 1, 2013

I'm interested in green hope high school area.

Answers

4
Tracy Santro…, Agent, Cary, NC
Sun Feb 3, 2013
I had the pleasure of attending a session last week with Dr. Gainey, the interim Superintendant of Wake County Schools, Director of Student Assignment, and Director of facilities at the Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors.

At the session they discussed that the permanent address assignments were posted in December and are now in full effect. Students that were accepted on the plan last year at schools other than their base schools are grandfathered in and can stay there until they graduate from that school. When transitioning from Elementary to Middle or Middle to High School the students must attend their base schools.

In most cases the students that are moving to the area can attend their base schools. However, there are a few schools that have been capped. In this situation the students attend one of three "overflow" schools. Consult the WCPSS for details on the schools that fall under this situation. In the next few years the grandfathered children will be moving on to their base schools and the situation will resolve itself over time. I believe this was a good move on behalf of the WCPSS Board.
Sharon Kowitz, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Good morning,
Wake County Schools have made national move in the past couple of years for not having an address base system. We now have an address system back for reference,
check it out at http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/addressLookup/

I know as an active Buyer's Agent I have had buyer's move to Chapel Hill, Durham and Clayton to avoid the certain question "what school will my children go to ?"

As a Real Estate I am glad we have one of the greatest school system in the country, looking forward to 2013-2014 school year and being able to guide my clients to the perfect home and school for their children.
Liz Fortunato, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Jan 1, 2013
You can see school assignments at the link posted below.
Elizabeth and Binny, thank you for the updated information. That's very helpful. According to your experience, is this proposal almost final decision? Thanks.
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013
Binny Joseph, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Jan 1, 2013
2013-2014 Proposed schools are already posted in the wake county school website.