What schools offer deaf students ASL interpreters? Is there a magnet school with a deaf program? I am particularly interested in High Schools.

Asked by Bdcobalt, Edgewood, WA Thu Apr 12, 2012

Area: Portland and outlying areas.

Answers

5
Joan Bowyer, Agent, Gresham,, OR
Sun Apr 15, 2012
I am the parent of a profoundly deaf daughter who is soon to be 39. I believe Creston Elementary offers ASL for the deaf students. I know Hosford Middle school does. Both are in S. E. Portland. The school for the deaf is in Salem Or. My daughter attended Sunnyside School when they had a deaf program. I also started a hearing impaired program in The Dalles Or. She attended OSD in Salem and graduated from WSD on Vancouver. She has many friends from her classes. The deaf are a tight community. Joan Bowyer-principal broker John L Scott-30 years of helping buyers and sellers.
Nancy Crutch…, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Thu Apr 12, 2012
I see I forgot to add the website for School Report Cards. This is the one for Beaverton: http://www.schoolsk-12.com/Oregon/Beaverton/
Again, scroll to the bottom for links to the other school districts.

~Nancy Crutchfield
Homes@NancyCrutchfield.com
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Thu Apr 12, 2012
I know Southridge offers sign language as a second language and I believe they are the only high school in the area that does. I am not sure if that helps you? There is a deaf school but I believe it is grade school only over in SE Portland. Portland State and PCC and Mount Hood CC all have sign language and they would be a great resourse for you. Good luck to you.
Tom Inglesby
Nancy Crutch…, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Hi, this is a link to the Beaverton School District where you can see what the schools offer and their "report cards" on how they are doing. At the bottom, you can connect to Portland schools and others to check them out. I hope this gives you a place to find out what suits you the best.

~Nancy Crutchfield
503-332-8939
Summa Real Estate Group Downtown
Homes@NancyCrutchfield.com
Ron Elwell, , Oregon
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Dear Bdcobalt,
In order to answer your question, would you be able to narrow down the specific area you would like to reisde in? SW,NW,NE,NW, Portland, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, ect.? My direct email address is :polrbr1@netzero.net, my name is Ron Elwell / Summa Real Estate Grp. cell# 503-807-9081.
I prefer NW N W Portland. Somewhere 30-45 minutes from Downtown.
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012