What schools are in the 27516 school district? My home has a Chapel Hill address.

Asked by zahra4899, Chapel Hill, NC Mon Jan 14, 2013

Answers

7
smachiela, , Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Have you looked into Lee Scholars? Opening in August of 2013 this new, no-cost public charter school will begin with grades K-5, growing by one grade per year until it reaches Grade Eight. Lee Scholars will prepare your child for college and beyond both through its high academic standards and moral focus program. Open to all Orange County, Chapel Hill and Carrboro residents, you can learn more at LeeScholars.org or attend our upcoming Enrollment Information Meeting on Tuesday, March 19 at 4:00 or 7:00 pm. Meetings will be held at Extraordinary Ventures, 200 S. Elliott Road, Chapel Hill (across from Whole Foods).
Meryl Master…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Feb 16, 2013
The schools served by the zip code 27516 are many depending on your exact address. The town of Chapel Hill in the 27516 zip code extends into Orange County, Chatham County and Durham County. Your exact address would determine what school you are to attend. Here is a link to the Chapel Hill/Carrboro school system map. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/www/CHCCS/site/Hosting/Maps/Map_S…
If you would like to find out about homes in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro school system, contact me at Meryl@Merylmalexander.com or visit my website at http://www.Meryl@Merylmalexander.com.
Reg Morgan, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Jan 15, 2013
You are right on the money in asking this one! A Chapel Hill address does not guarantee you a Chapel HIll school. And even then, Chapel Hill Schools are on the tail end of an extensive redistricting process that was started this Fall.

if you contact me through my email morganr@hpw.com, i'm happy to talk through your current location and share some of my knowledge on schools in our area.

Thanks for looking on Trulia,
Reg Morgan
Charles Gord…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Jan 15, 2013
High Schools: Grove, Chapel Hill, Northwood, Carrboro
Middle Schools: Pollard, Storback, Smith, McDougle
& Elem. Schools: Harrison, Brown, Carrboro, Seawell, McDougle.

What is your address?

Best wishes, Charles Gordon
Address is 6514 Glen Forest Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517.
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Schools in this zip code have assigned schools, depending on your exact address. You may not even have access to the Chapel Hill schools as 27516 which is served by the Chapel Hill Post office includes a significant part of northwest Chatham County which is served by different schools. This is also true for 27517.

If you contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia and give me your actual street address I can tell you what schools are assigned to yoru address as of today. If you are in Orange county which is where Chapel Hill is located you should know that the school board is talking about re-assignment so the schools assigned to your house today may or may not be the same ones assigned next year.
The address is 6514 Glen Forest Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. Any idea if this home is affected by the reassignment? Which new district will this fall under?
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013
Desiree Gold…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Jan 14, 2013
If you want to send me your exact address, I will let you know. This zip code could be in 3 different school districts. Also, The Chapel Hill/ Carrboro School District is going through a redistricting this year. To know the exact schools, you will need to look at the new redistricting plans.

I can be reached at Desiree@DesireeGoldman.com
6514 Glen Forest Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Flag Mon Jan 14, 2013
Deborah Mill…, Agent, Durham, NC
Mon Jan 14, 2013
You need to check and determine if you are in Orange County and not Chatham County and if so then provide your exact address to the school system. That zip code comes up for a broad range from Chatham County to Carrboro, Orange County Hillsborough Schools to Chapel Hill so there is not way to determine that from your zip code. All these areas come up with a Chapel Hill address but if the property is near the Hillsborough those tend to be in the Grady Brown/AL Stanback/Cedar Ridge District. Then those more into Chapel Hill are actually going to the Chapel Hill schools Scroggs/Culbreth/Carrboro. Then those more in chatham are going to Perry Harrison Elem& Middle and Northwood HS. I am sure you can now see how broad this zip code is. You can go to the Chapel Hill School Website also. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/

Hope this is helpful.

Deborah Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker
919-491-2826