Paula Bane, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

What is the highest rated high school in Indianapolis?

Asked by Paula Bane, Indianapolis, IN Sat Aug 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3127727347-2122-E-70th-St-India…

Answers

5
Chad Rummonds, Agent, El Segundo, CA
Mon Mar 30, 2015
Ben Davis High School. My research shows that it is a quality school for young adults.
squirewilley5, , Brownsburg, IN
Sun Sep 8, 2013
There are several great high schools in the area. I would be careful on looking at outside rankings as sometimes they only look at pass rates on state scores and not the excellent programs that are offered. For example, Ben Davis High School has national level programs in business, ROTC, the Speech team, show choir, and many sports! It also hosts the Area31 Career Center. It would depend on what you are looking for--Olympic size pool? Top notch programs? Ben Davis is known throughout the nation for many of its programs.
Daniel Mervar…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Peter Knight gave you the answer on public schools so it also depends if you include private and parochial high schools, such as Park Tudor, Cathedral, Heritage Christian to name a few. Those will typically be higher rated but also be highly expensive.
Peter Knight, Agent, Fishers, IN
Sat Aug 10, 2013
In Indianapolis (Marion County) it is North Central HS - Washington Township.

Peter Knight
(317) 529-4178
peterknight@frontier.com
Julie Simnick, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sat Aug 10, 2013
There are many great high schools in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas. As far as which is best, that depends on the source of the ranking. There are several sources such as USA Today and Great Schools that provide the information you are looking for. Different high schools provide different educational and extra-curricular options, so long as you are comfortable with the school, it is just a matter of which option is best for your child.
I agree with Julie! I'm not sure where the North Central ranking was found but that school has continued to perform at an "average" ranking for the last few years at best. Recently Heron High School was ranked as one of the nations top high schools, not just in Indiana. No other Indianapolis high school was recognized as such, public or private. Nevertheless, I my overall opinion is in agreement with Julie, "there are many great high schools in Indianapolis" and it ultimately depends on what school and the curriculum works best for your child.
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013