What is the best elementary school in Havasu for an extremely advanced 6th grader, who reads at a 12th grade level?

Asked by Melodie Kraft Ashley, Santa Barbara, CA Sun Jun 23, 2013

Answers

4
Cathy Perger, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Check out http://www.telesis-academy.org they have information about their reading program.
Telesis is a great school with smaller class sizes too!!
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013
Susan Leifer, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Jun 23, 2013
A little more information for you: if you follow the link that Liz provided, you can see the ratings and test scores for each school as they compare to each other and the state. Also, there is a test that is typically given over the summer to see if a student qualifies for the gifted program, but the student has to be invited to the test based on GPA, etc. Each school participates in the Advanced Reading program which allows the student to read books at his or her level, answer questions and then advance to the next level. In 7th grade you may want to look into Team 63. It is a curriculum for more advanced students which prepares them for honors classes.
Thank you so much! Everyone is so helpful; I'm excited for this move.
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
Shannon DeRo…, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Both of my daughters went to Starline Elementary. I purposely bought my own house 4 house up from the school due to the high standards and excellence in education.
Thank you. That's the one I've been leaning toward.
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
Liz Miller, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Greetings Mel

I would suggest contacting the Lake Havasu Unified School District for your answer, as we have many fine school in Lake Havasu. Here is the link. http://www.havasu.k12.az.us/
Thank you. I've actually looked there, but can't determine which of their elementary schools is best for advanced learners.
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013