What are the pro's/con's of the Clarence school system?

Asked by Erinwallace, Buffalo, NY Wed Aug 22, 2012

We are looking to move before my son starts Kindergarten next fall. We really love the Clarence area & the schools seem wonderful. However, we mentioned this to a friend who said to stay clear because they are currently way over crowded. Any truth to this?

Answers

4
Matthew McCa…, Home Buyer, East Amherst, NY
Wed Sep 5, 2012
No real truth to it at all... A few years ago (2007 or 2008 I believe) Clarence had a large flux of students. They actually added on to both the middle and high school to cover that influx... Now, the schools are actually under capacity.

I graduated from Clarence in 2005 and it was a great school then, and its a great school now.
Erinwallace, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Also, I have a realtor- I am just asking for opinions as Trulia does have a "rate the school" option. It's part of what you look at when buying a home, so I think it's relavent here.
Joe Sorrenti…, , Buffalo, NY
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Careful, Careful people! This question is beyond the scope of expertise of licensed Real Estate agents/brokers, mortgage brokers etc. A friend's opinion is not as Libel (but could be) as it is for a licensed professional but, it's an opinion.

My suggestion is to do your research and make an appointment with the District office to meet with them and visit the actual school. Also, there are several elementary schools in the district.
, ,
Wed Aug 22, 2012
You best bet would be to discuss this issue with a qualified, licensed realtor. Your friend's opinion is just that; an opinion. Clarence Schools are consistently rated at the top each and every year.

When you are ready to begin seriously shopping for a new home, please give me a call for mortgage pre-qualification. If you'd like, I can also put you in touch with a very good realtor in that area.

I am available to answer questions at any time.

Ron Fronckowiak
Licensed Mortgage Professional
R & R Funding, Inc.
Lancaster NY
P: 716-685-9696
Web Reference:  http://www.WNYMortgages.com