What are good pre-schools in TO?

Asked by Tanya, Los Angeles, CA Mon Nov 9, 2009

Answers

6
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Hi Tanya,

I've included a link below to a handy widget. You can simply type in zip codes 91360 and 91362, and compare up to 5 schools at a time. Good luck in your research!

91360:
University Elementary School
Wildwood Elementary School
Aspen Elementary School
Bethany Christian School
Weathersfield Elementary School
St Paschal Baylon School
Acacia Elementary School
Madrona Elementary School
Ladera Elementary School
Park Oaks Elementary School
Glenwood Elementary School

91362:
Meadows Elementary School
First Baptist Academy
Conejo Elementary School
Conejo - Triggs School
Hillcrest Christian School
Westlake Hills Elementary School
St Patrick's Episcopal Day School
Little Oaks School
Ascension Lutheran School
Children's Learning Center
Sheila Epste…, Agent, Newbury Park, CA
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Hello Tanya--Honey Tree is a great pre-school located at the Lutheran church on Avenida de los Arboles. My daughter went there (though it has been quite a few years) and we loved it! It is well located and has a great little campus. It feels like a very safe place for children. It is not a day care facility.
Oaksmom, Home Buyer, Thousand Oaks, CA
Sun Dec 27, 2009
Check out OaksParent.com. It's a local free resource site for parents, grandparents, and teachers featuring things to do locally, local businesses, camp guide, back to school guide, etc.
Web Reference:  http://www.oaksparent.com
Tanya, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Thank you for your answers.

My son is 2.5 and we are new in area -- I know that TO has a lot of good schools (that is why we are moving there), but I really did not know where to start looking for preschools. I would like a smaller school with good developmental program.
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Hi Tanya,

Realtor and Mom of 2. My son is 11 and when he was in preschool I worked at his preschool, a Jewish Accredited school in TO, Temple Adat Elohim. Its stil a lovely school. I got my real estate license while I was working in the office there and really so enjoy being a Realtor full time. I just went preschool looking for my daughter this year and miss the 75% off tuition I enjoyed when I worked in my sons school. Anyway, even though I have an interfaith household, I could not comment on any faith based preschools because I didnt look for one. CLU is a lovely program . Moorpark College also has a great onsite Preschool that people drive from all over to attend. Very popular in TO is Roots and Wings for a non faith based program. It is very developmental.

You will want to be specific about what "good" means to you. Do you want a highly academic program. Do you want a developmental program. Do you need a lot of structure. Does your child have additional needs. Are you looking for only a preschool program or a preschool program with full time child care. Is price a concern for you.

That information on the new PreK program through the district is fantastic and so overdue. The communities need it and we are so far behind in giving kids he head start they take for granted in other countries. So, this is really encouraging.

Please let me know if I can help you with your transistion to our area. I am a longtime east ventura county resident. Grew up in TO and live and work from Simi as a full time Realtor serving both areas.
Web Reference:  http://www.ConejoLiving.com
Kevin Walton, , Ventura County, CA
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Hi Tanya, T.O. has a brand new Pre-K program thru the public school system and it's free! It's for 4-5 year olds. The program goes from 8:00 a.m. and goes until 11:30. They also also offer after school care until 6 pm. Not many people know about this program since it's so new. My daughter is enrolled in the program and enjoys it. The learning pace is at a bit slower than regular Kindergarden. The other preschools around are pretty expensive. There are some more affordable schools that involves parent participation which I couldn't do, and to my knowledge there was one pre-school for ages 2-5 that didn't require potty training and no parent participation, CLU Early Childhood Developement Center. CLU is also the only state accredited preschool in the area. My daughters went there too. Excellent school, but $550/mo ....for 3 days /week from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00. There's are several churchs that have toddler preschools too and they are mostly parent participation. Are you looking to buy in T.O.?