What are best public middle schools in Seattle?

Asked by Dan Clark, Seattle, WA Fri May 11, 2007

Answers

8
Marlow Harris, , 98112
Fri May 11, 2007
The middle school with the best reputation is Washington Middle School. It seems to be the feeder school for Garfield High (which has more National Merit Scholars than Lakeside) and it features the APP program, the Acceleriated Progress Program, a course of study for gifted children.
Jennifer Mon…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jul 24, 2007
I raised my son in Seattle and I wish I could give credit to the public schools, but cannot. We had to resort to private schools. We also did not have a choice of schools that we could rely upon. If we had, I would have elected a middle school that feeds into Garfield.

I must concur with the Northshore comment, as I taught many years ago at Woodinville H.S., and it's a very good district.
Johnnywong, , Seattle, WA
Sun May 12, 2013
Now Washington and Eckstein middle schools are going down. Washington middle school's App program has been replaced by Hamilton and Eckstein middle school's music program is now beaten by Hamilton. Hamilton is now probably the best middle school in seattle now.
Hi there,

Do you have children at Hamilton? I am desperate to find the right school for my kiddos and I am moving from out-of-state....THANKS
Flag Thu May 23, 2013
Kim Edwards-…, Agent, seattle, WA
Wed May 26, 2010
No doubt, Eckstein Middle in Wedgwood, especially if your child is interested in music. Amazing music programs for orchestra, band, wind ensemble, jazz, and even vocal. Great Japanese program with exchange student programs, great academics. Check out one of their performances.
meamer, , Seattle, WA
Fri Sep 28, 2007
Hands down the best reference i've found for schools in Seattle is through the Seattle Times. Lots of ways to slice the date...good luck
Jeremy Santy, , Seattle, WA
Tue Jul 24, 2007
Hands down. Bellevue. Any school in the Northshore school disctrict is great as well.
R, , Redmond, WA
Mon Jul 2, 2007
I think it depends on what you mean by best. Snoqualmie Valley schools are incredible in my opinion. The teachers truly care about the students, the parent participation is nearly 100% and the test scores prove it. Furthermore, if you want your child to learn about diversity, this is a great place. Alot of kids these days have so much, and it's hard to teach them that not everyone is so fortunate.
Rhonda Porter, , Seattle, WA
Tue May 15, 2007
I've been pleased with my son's education at Explorer West in SW Seattle...but it's not public (sorry).
Web Reference:  http://www.explorerwest.org