Schools in Oak Park>Question Details

Amy, Home Buyer in Camillus, NY

We will be moving to the area next summer. Is oak park a family orientated community and a safe community to raise my two children.?

Asked by Amy, Camillus, NY Fri May 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Oak Park

Hi Amy,
Oak Park is a great town for families and has a very low crime rate. I myself live in Oak Park and my daughter goes to the top rated Oak Park high school. She has attended school in Oak Park since the 4th grade and has done very well. There are some great activities at the schools and a lot of sports teams in the area to join. Also, there are many parks and lighted tennis courts.

Check out this website for the latest info about Oak Park:

Seema Chandra, Realtor
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 26, 2013
While many folks are unaware of Oak Park and Conejo Valley, it is the best kept secret for family living in the Los Angeles area. I have met wonderful folks from around the world, who come here to raise their family, and be able to send their children to the top ranked school district. We have great weather, 30 minutes from famous Zuma Beach in Malibu, and hiking and bike trails abound. Currently i know of two great opportunities to buy in the Oak Park area, very few listings. Check out my website for more information.
I have been living in oak park since my daughter 5th grade. She will graduate high school next year,
oak park is the best city for family and for all. . I promise This would be one of your best life decision. As long as you can financially afford don't put yourself in a lot of debt and big mortgage payment.
God Luck,

I am now a single working mother, not a Realtor. Nevertheless I can tell you, Oak Park is the place to come and raise a family, I've been a resident since Dec 1993. My kids attended the schools from kinder to high school, graduated and got accepted to 4 & 5 yr private and public colleges,one with many scholarships offers, it was hard for him to make his mind as to where to go!. Right afterwards, they got jobs lined up even before they were finished with their college studies. So, yes the money and investment placed in two homes and the schools (thru our property taxes) in this area has certainly come back ten folded!. The market has never been as good anywhere else as in this place!.The area is not only safe and peaceful, but so diverse when finding what to do as a kid or an adult here, so great is to live here that, (that as now, even as a single person) it has taken me about 3+ years since my kids have left the nest (to go live in other parts of the country) to realize maybe soon, it will be time for me to move on and make room for families that like me want to raise the children in a great place in So Ca. If you are interested in talking to me about this, feel free to jolt me thru here, your email or a temp one, for me to reach you. I have a beautiful home (large and private!) nested in a wonderful location, I Iove it! BUT I am too a realist, and so I am getting ready to get on with my single life :), my family life has been an amazing one in this location, but it is time to close that chapter.
Hello Amy,

Welcome to California and Ventura County! Oak Park is a desirable place to live, it has an abundance of parks and open space. There are walking, hiking trails and parks are all around. In less than a half hour drive you can be at the pacific ocean or Malibu beach as we know it here. It has nationally recognized schools and it's a family orientated community. Oak Park offers single family homes, condos and townhomes. Are you interersted in purchasing a home here or a rental? Give me a call if I can be of service.

Blanca Dover, REALTOR

Century21 Hometown Realty

Hi Amy,
I recommend you begin by reading the activity and forums previously posted on this site for Oak Park CA: The 5 Oak Park schools are rated at the top by Overall crime rate is low, but real estate agents cannot refer to an area as being 'safe':
Interesting Facts about Oak_Park, California

As of 2012, Oak Park's population is 13,811 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of -2.53 percent.

The median home cost in Oak Park is $542,100. Home appreciation the last year has been 0.21 percent.

Compared to the rest of the country, Oak Park's cost of living is 78.30% Higher than the U.S. average.

Oak Park public schools spend $5,155 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $5,691. There are about 21.7 students per teacher in Oak Park.

The unemployment rate in Oak Park is 9.50 percent(U.S. avg. is 8.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Oak Park jobs have Increased by 0.28 percent.

Further info is available about the Oak Park area here: