We're looking in Keyport for a single family house. How is the school system?

Asked by Andrea, 08822 Mon Nov 9, 2009

Our realtor says it's good, but when i do research on line the schools rate low. We don't have kids now, but we wonder how this will effect the resale of the home in the future.

Answers

3
casnyder3, , Keyport, NJ
Mon Jan 14, 2013
I am a student at Keyport and I absolutely love it here. I am in all Honors classes and in a gifted and Talented program. They offer so many extra curricular activities and have such wonderful teachers that are just waiting to help you learn more. Many people may say that Keyport is trash but I have grown up here and have met the most amazing people. I strongly suggest the area people are very friendly and approachable and the water is fabulous. I hope this helps!
Donna Markow…, Agent, Keyport, NJ
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Hi Andrea,
I have lived in Keyport all my life and have gone through the school system, my husband grew up in Hazlet and attended the schools there and I have yet to find him better than me...lol My 3 children graduated from Keyport High, my 26 is a teacher, my 23 year is a massage therapist and my 21 year old son attends NY Film Acad. I have sold over 100 homes in Keyport and the appreciation and depreciation has been equal to the surrounding bayshore towns.
Donna Markowitz
Mananger/Broker Better Homes Realty Keyport
Danielle Mon…, , Old Bridge, NJ
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Keyport schools are ok, but not as good as some of the schools in nearby towns. Because of this, Keyport home prices have a lower average than other towns such as Matawan or Old Bridge. What you may want to consider is the Cliffwood Beach area, which has the Keyport zip code and is right down the road, but they are in the Matawan school district. Also, if you are set on Keyport, many families send their children to private school. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Danielle Monaghan
Realtor-Associate