Misha, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

We have 2 daughters, that are going to JHS in the fall. He want them in a top public school, we are looking

Asked by Misha, New York, NY Sat Feb 14, 2009

at Pelham,Eastchester,Harrison, Scarsdale, I think all the districts are pretty good, but which is more welcoming as far as smaller class rooms, diversity,and overall programs? This answer will effect our decision as to where to buy we want to try to stick the low $600'S.

Answers

2
Stacy Greenes, , Westchester County, NY/ Putnam County,NY
Sun Feb 15, 2009
eduction is so personal.I would make appoitments to see the different schools and deciede what is best for your children. also, have you thought of northern westchester.easy commute to the city and lots of homes in your price range.Ifyou would like an area tour, please let me know. I work in northern westchester ,moved up from lower.
stacy
Ann Rende, Agent, Bronxville, NY
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Dear Misha,
As a former teacher I feel I can answer this question. As a realtor I cannot rate one system over another. Now that being said ,I can tell you we could have choosen to live anywhere in lower Westchester. We decided on Pelham because of the schools. My daughters are 6 years apart. When the older girl went through the Pelham system it was very strong, especially the JHS. My younger daughter's experience was superior.I could not have been more pleased. This was a child who worked hard at trying to fall between the cracks. The staff would not allow it. She was not an outstanding student in secondary school.However, she now has a BS,BA and masters . She has also has done three fellowships at Yale.
This has been my experience with the Pelham schools.But as a parent,teacher and realtor my advice is to go and visit each JHS. Look over the schools and decide which system fits the needs of your children. All of the systems you have named are good ,but you must see them yourself to decide where your children will be most comfortable and best served.
Let me know if I can assist you in any way
Ann Rende
914-882-3331