Demi, Home Buyer in Virginia

We are moving to pittsburgh in july 08.Which are the top school districts there?......where one can find a 4?

Asked by Demi, Virginia Wed Apr 9, 2008

bedroom,3 full bath home?

Answers

11
Joanne, Both Buyer And Seller,
Sun May 11, 2008
Looking for best schools, depend on what kind of living area you are like, in most cities, the old town have the most established school reputation, however, the houses are much higher in price but smaller in size compare to a relative new developed town, where it’s schools are new and people living there are younger. If you don’t mind to live in a small old house, then Mt Lebanon schools maybe a good choose, however, I’d like North Allegheny schools, they are in a rapidly developing med class area, with the fest growing population, the school system are developed much mutual with a great reputation in Pittsburgh area.
Qv Parent, Home Buyer, Sewickley, PA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
Hey! We actually moved out to our home BECAUSE of the schools here! Quaker Valley is THE BEST school district anywhere in PA. They have great parent involvement, great afterschool activities, they expose the kids to a myraid of things both with field trips and in the classroom, and teach them pride in their neighborhood and community by having great community service requirements from the time they are small. We are also a leader in education by being THE digital school district pilot program! The working together between generations in these school, is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere else. They actually have many, many times during the year, when older people/parents/granparents are encouraged to visit and share their past life experiences, and many times during the year when people/parents/grandparents are invited into the classes to share their skills, etc. If you're mainly concerned about school districts, QV is the only place to be. You have to check it out!
Leah, Home Buyer, 23518
Thu Apr 10, 2008
I grew up in South Park and had a great experience at the public schools. (The teachers were fantastic and prepared me well for college and beyond- I'm now a physician). My folks are actually selling their beautiful 4 BR home there now as they are going to move near the grandkids.

Realtors can steer you in the right direction in regards to schools after you decide which part of Pgh. you'd like to live in....
Tim Lee, Home Seller, 15108
Wed May 21, 2008
the top school district in the area is upper st clair 15241. your child would get the most choices in this school district. i aso have a home for sale in the township and the school buses stop right in front of the home.
go to http://www.owners.com and se the property awj6214......priced at 159,900
i bought this house to renovate soley because it was in the upper st clair school district !!
you can learn about the township on their web page........
tim lee 412 260 8496
Kerry Mccann, Home Seller, Oakmont, PA
Sun May 11, 2008
I answered your question earlier about the home in oakmont PA. FYI. Pittsburgh is set up somewhat like a pie. Where you live greatly depends on where you are employed or traffic could be unbearable. there is the South Hills North Hills, Airport area, and east side of Pittsburgh. Be sure to check that out before looking at homes. I would be happy to guide you on the areas before you hook up with and agent
Good Luck
Jen, Both Buyer And Seller, Pittsburgh, PA
Fri May 9, 2008
In the South Hills, the best are Mt Lebanon, Peters and South Fayette. Upper St Clair is good but I would never live there!
Kerry Mccann, Home Seller, Oakmont, PA
Fri May 9, 2008
I Have a 4 bdrm 3 Bath home in Oakmont that is for sale. I will be putting it on the market by owner hopefully May 15th We have a great school district. My son is a graduate of Riverview and is now a Junior at Michigan State University. His educational transition "was easy" he stated. If you are interested please email or call. We would be happy to show you our home. Where are you moving from?
kerry_59@comcast.net phone: 724-882-1021
Kerry
Karen Rath, , 16066
Tue May 6, 2008
Some of the top schools are in the South Hills and some are in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Depending on other needs, it would be smart to look at all of these areas and see what meets your needs best, knowing all of these are great school districts. Mt. Lebanon, Upper St. Clair, North Allegheny, Fox Chapel, Quaker Valley and Pine Richland is another school district that keeps improving in ratings.
Liz Caplan, , 15222
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Pittsburgh has many good school districts as well as independent schools to choose from, I am a Realtor and former elementary school teacher. Please let me know if I may assist with your home search.
Visit http://www.Pittsburghhomesite.com for more information about schools in Pittsburgh.
Maryanne Bar…, , Pittsburgh, PA
Sat Apr 12, 2008
First, determine what you can pay (lender plus your own funds) right now. Next know where you'll work so you don't have to drive over 30", then start the hunt. Many, many school districts in the Pittsburgh area to choose from, at least 8 "4s". Have a happy time of it!
Sandy Shores, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Demi,

You can start you search for schools on the link I provided http://www.psk12.com/rating/index.php.. You may want to locate a REALTOR in the area you will be purchasing or you can start at
http://www.realtor.com/Default.aspx.

Happy Hunting!