We are looking to move to twin falls at the end of the summer and I have a boy who is going into first grade. He is very bright and needs a school

Asked by Melanie Permann, Twin Falls, ID Mon Jun 25, 2012

that will challenge him. He does well in a challenging structured environment. I have my degree in education and am very passionate about getting a quality education. What elementary schools public, private, or charter would you recommend?

Answers

2
Gary and Bev…, Agent, Twin Falls, ID
Tue Apr 30, 2013
There are many opinions on the type of education your children can receive from what one parent says to another. As well as what one school says they provide compared to another. Depending on where you want to live in the Magic Valley will determine where your children will go to school of course unless you choose to place them in a charter or private school. There are a few of those to choose from. Xavier is a well structured school and goes all the way to 12th grade. My brother in law is the art teacher there. There are many teachers in all these schools as well as the TFSD who are passionate about teaching their students to the highest level. There are private schools as well that are smaller and structured in their teaching styles. Immanuel Lutheran School on Filer and Lighthouse Christian School on Eastland. Maybe visiting with the school in your district and also visiting with these other schools that you are interested in would be a good idea. Your personal preference is most important.
Bryan Newber…, Agent, Twin Falls, ID
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Xavier Charter school would be the only private school available unless you with with one with a religious affiliation. With only 7 elementary schools, all the schools have the same curriculum, so it would be a matter of choosing the location you wanted to live. Xavier had some problems earlier, but looks like they are straightened out, and with a new facility may be what your looking for. Hope this helps!