Sue Natole, Both Buyer and Seller in Orlando, FL

We are looking to move to Green Valley Ranch and I can't figure out the school zoning for Vanderburg vs.

Asked by Sue Natole, Orlando, FL Sat Jun 14, 2008

Twitchell (sp?). One looks year round -- how do they decide which one you are zoned for??

Answers

5
Amycahoon, , Henderson, NV
Sun Jun 21, 2009
I live here and have elementary schoolers. Vanderburg and Twitchell share the same zone, when you move in and register they divide up who goes to which school based on the numbers. We currently are in our first year of year round school and the standard scoop right now is that after next year we will switch back to 9 month since enrollment is down and Twitchell is getting 6 portables. Both schools are great.
Laura Shaw, Home Buyer, Henderson, NV
Sun Jan 18, 2009
Both are now year round and the area is zoned for both. Where a student is placed depends on the enrollment numbers.
Phil DeSimone, Agent, Hemet, CA
Mon Jul 7, 2008
Delete Me, , 89052
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Both are excellent choices because those are two of the best elementary schools in the entire Clark County School District (CCSD)!

Actually, both Vanderburg and Twitchell are year round and sit on the exact same campus. They are literally side by side. Another very fine elementary school in a similar area would be Bartlett, and as of right now it is still 9 month, but the CCSD is fighting to get it year round, but the parents are putting up a pretty good fight. In my honest opinion though, it is only a matter of time before all elementary schools in the CCSD are year round.

If you are not currently working with a licensed real estate professional here in Henderson, please do not hesitate to call me, and I can find you some great homes at tremendous deals that are zoned for any of those schools.

Mike Dobranski, REALTOR®
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
Las Vegas / Henderson, NV

702-370-3521
Mike@PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
http://www.PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Sat Jun 14, 2008
You can either access zoning maps or do a zoning search here:

http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/index.php