Want to know if 18301 is a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Rocky, 11552 Sun Dec 2, 2012

Answers

3
Jmonte919, Home Buyer, East Stroudsburg, PA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
I moved to 18301 after my kids finished school I wouldn't have otherwise
Eugene Meise…, , Stroudsburg, PA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Well Rocky, it depends where you are coming from. All schools in Monroe county area are great schools to attend with a great diversity in students attending. They've all got after school activities to keep you kids busy. My kid is attending Pleasant Valley Elementry currently, and it seems that they are focusing on family participation with their kids which is important in today's world. East Stroudsburg is a very large area to cover. It's about the same size as all of new york city. There are parks in the down town area, but in the rural areas, you won't have much for your kids to do, unless you live in a community with ammenities. Ski resorts are close by, hiking trails, and the Delaware River as well. Growing up in the poconos my entire life, I have dealt with change, and an influx of NY and NJ residents. As it is a great communter location being 90 miles from NYC and less to many NJ locations. If you have a steady good paying job, then the Poconos is the place for you, as the cost of living here is relatively less than the surrounding areas to the East and south. Where does every body From NY and NJ come to for deals, the Poconos. No clothing tax also. Good luck on the decision of where to raise your family.
Ed McKeown, Agent, Stroudsburg, PA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Dear Rocky,
18301 is an area code that covers a huge area. There are some great neighborhoods and some very desireable developements in that zip. you could be in one of three school districts Pocono Mountain SD East Campus, Stroudsburg SD and East Stroudsburg SD. My Children attend PME and do very well. It is close proximity to the Pocono Med Ctr, East Stroudsburg University and I-80. All of the great Pocono attractions are nearby.
If you are looking for a great Agent to help you feel free to call me, Ed 570-242-8518
Best Wishes,
Ed :)