Want to know if 60504 is a good place to raise a family

Asked by chellyboo1225, Bolingbrook, IL Mon Feb 13, 2012

Answers

6
Maryzhel, Home Owner, Aurora, IL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
I live in Aurora 60504 for 8 years now and I can say it a good place to live in most especially if you have children. My area is part of School District 204 and the area is very convenient and close to hospitals, schools, library, park district, church and strip mall and shopping malls.

Transportation wise like Metra is few minutes drive and the area is close to Highway I-88.
Ken S., Home Owner, 60142
Fri May 4, 2012
I'm not a broker so hopefuly I can help.

to raise a family Crime and Education are usually the big factors. School Districts: the best ones in that area are districts; 203 - Naperville, 204-Indian Prairie (Northeast part or Aurora feeds into here), or 308 - Oswego South East Part of Aurora feeds into here). Aurora School Districts don't rank as high. Schools also play an important part in the future value of your home. I was looking to buy in that area and definitely saw a difference in the areas feeding into the the Aurora SD vs. Dist 204,203 and 308. Similar to the Weber Rd. split in Bolingbrook.
Mike Cluck, Agent, Geneva, IL
Mon Feb 13, 2012
What is a good place to raise a family for one may be a poor place for another, very subjective and I am not sure I could define "what is a good place". If you asked for specific information that is quantifiable and reported, like demographics, schools, population, income of residents, professions of residents, then I could supply you with that information. However, you need to make the decision as to if a specific area or zip code is a good place to raise a family. Another think you may want to do is get in the car and drive around that area and make some observations on what you see and if you like it or don't like it.

Please go to my website http://www.CluckGroup.net if you have any additional questions or to look for homes or give me a call at 630-802-5825 with any specific questions about homes in this zip code. Interest rates are at all time lows and it is a great time to buy a home.
Web Reference:  http://www.CluckGroup.net
Evelyn Santi…, Agent, Oswego, IL
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Where one chooses to raise one's family is a real subjective decision. Recommend that you call the schools, police department and any other public organization that you may have questions on. Realtor's are not allowed to give opinions on whether any place is better than an other - it's against Fair Housing law. We only provide access to homes in the area that you choose that meet your particular housing criteria - price, # of bedrooms, distance to major highways, specific school districts, style of home, etc.

What may be a great place for you may not meet the needs of another person - its too subjective to give an answer one way or another from anyone. You are the only one that can make that decision based on what your requirements are to "raise" your family. Schools, parks, distance to your job, transportation, public attractions, shopping, density, traffic congestion, age of housing, taxes and a thousand other variables and of course affordability.

Resources on the internet may answer most of your questions as well as mapping programs such as google earth.and speaking with other families that live in the area.
Sean Morriss…, Agent, Aurora, IL
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Suzanne is quite right! We, as licensed real estate agents in the State of Illinois, can not steer you towards particular neighborhoods. With this in mind, contacting local school districts, speaking to neighbors, or even calling the local Alderman may be a means to assist you in determining whether a particular area meets your needs.

Let me know if we can help or assist in your search otherwise!

Sean Morrissey
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Only you can answer that question. The law prevents real estate brokers from discussing issues which can be discriminatory. And what is or is not a good school or a good neighborhood or a good anything is a very individual opinion.

My advice is this. Drive around the area during different times on weekday and weekend days to see if you like the area.

Research the schools, crime, etc. on the internet. Just google the area code. For schools, the Illinois report cards in the Ill department of education will give you tons of info on the schools financial health, test scores, everything. If all else fails, talk to a police officer. They can be helpful too and never usually sugar coat things.

Then when you are ready to look, deal with a Realtor buyer's agent to find you a good place.