Thinking to buy a house in the near future, however I'm a lttle concerned about the schools. I currently live in Glendale, which has a very good

Asked by Nazelie, Glendale, CA Wed May 5, 2010

public school system. I have one daughter in 3rd grade and one in 8th grade. I have mainly been researching the middle and high schools. I am not sure what area to buy in, Canyon Country (Fair Oaks area), Valencia or Saugus (Copper Hill/ Bouquet Canyon area). My choices would be either Valencia High, Saugus High or Canyon High, as far as high schools go. And for middle schools it is Arroyo Seco, La Mesa or Sierra Vista. Does anyone have any info that could help? Thanks!

Answers

2
Merlin Barri…, Agent, Valencia, CA
Fri May 14, 2010
Dear Nazelie,

When exactly are you planning to move to Santa Clarita Valley, Valencia,Stevenson Ranch, Saugus?

Are you pre-approved yet?

If you are not working with a Realtor yet, I can assist you.

Good luck finding your home!

Merlin Barrientos
cell 661 713-8780
merlin1@inbox.com
dre01761948
Joel Javan, , Santa Clarita, CA
Thu May 6, 2010
What type of information do you need? Some information you might need to make an informed decision could be obtained online. I am assuming you have done this already when you said "I have mainly been researching..." If you have not done so already, check out this page from the City of Santa Clarita's official Web site: http://www.santa-clarita.com/Index.aspx?page=37 - this might just give you the information you're looking for, whatever that is.

It would not hurt to call the schools as well and ask them for whatever information you are needing. You can even pay them a visit and maybe talk to the Principal and while you're in the area, if you want to see some properties in any of these neighborhoods you mentioned, give me a call.