Should child going into senior yr in NY schl transfer to buchholz if current schl is in need of imprvmnt?

Asked by Blink, New York, NY Sun May 3, 2009

--
This question is about F W Buchholz High School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/FL-Gainesville/F_W_Buchholz_Hi…

Answers

1
Bonnie H Mott, , 32606
Mon May 4, 2009
This is tough question for a Senior. Has the child gone to the NY school with firends for awhile? Will the child be devastated to leave friends?

What type of improvements does the NY school need? Is it to the physical plant. the school building itsself or is it academic?

I have seen children transfer in their Senior year and be very happy and I have seen children not be happy due to missing out on all of the Senior activities with their friends.

As to Buchholz High School, it is a great school. I had three children graduate from BHS and they loved it. It is a welcoming school to transfering students and is a wonderful learning experience.

Good luck to your Senior!

If you have additional questions about BHS, feel free to contact me..