Searching by Schools

Asked by Katie, 75063 Sun Dec 16, 2007

I am looking in Irving TX. Can someone tell me how to search by schools on Trulia? I have researched the schools, but now need to find houses that are serviced by the schools I prefer.
Thank you!

Answers

5
Mkp, Home Seller, 75039
Sat Dec 29, 2007
I have a house for sale by owner: Great school district (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD): La Villita Elementary Grades K-5 opening soon (inside the subdivision!); Barbara Bush Middle School Grades 6-8 (Cowboys Parkway - Irving); Ranchview High School Grades 9-11 (Valley Ranch Parkway - Irving). Let me know if you're interested - I can make you a good deal.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Dec 20, 2007
Hi Katie,

Trulia does not offer a property search by school or district at this time however you can map the schools in Irving if you access the link below and check the box below next to Schools.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Dec 17, 2007
I don't think on the public websites you can search by schools. The one exception I can think of is Valley Ranch. For the most part if you are west of MacArthur it will be Coppell schools, East of MacArthur will be CFB schools. One school of each type in the neighborhood on the CFB side, only elementary on the Coppell side. Realtors should be able to do this for you. I actively work in Irving and willing to assist you if you don't already have a realtor. Please let me know how I can best assist you.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Dec 16, 2007
Hello Katie,

I'll be happy to look that up for you. Give me a call or email me when you can. I can even tell you the school ratings if you wish.
Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sun Dec 16, 2007
Hi Katie:

I think we refrain from coding specific schools on listings - the reason is because a district can change their boundaries quite often and if your house sits on the wrong side of the street, you will be in a different school.

The best thing to do is to call the school district with the specific address, they can let you know which school the specific house goes to.

If you want to do general search, then you might want to engage a Realtor;s help, let them give you a general area and have them check on the houses for you. Part of Realtors service for their buyers - Also, buyers don't pay commission, sellers generally do; so take advantage of the service.

Sylvia