School district in 91107, good or bad?

Asked by monicasung00, Pasadena, CA Sun Jan 13, 2013

Answers

5
Brandon Road, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I am a big supporter of public schools, particularly in 91107. I went to Pasadena High School and my son is going to attend an elementary school in 91107. Don Benito is one of the most desirable schools in the area, but there is also Norma Coombs (both with great test scores and involved parents) and Field Elementary with its Mandarin language immersion program. If you want more insight let me know.
Heidi Babcock, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
It depends on what the family is looking for. There are private, public and amazing charter schools (Aveson, Odyssey) that serve this community. Full Disclosure - My daughter is at Aveson so I am a big fan and booster! Also, test scores have been climbing in the Pasadena public schools recently. Are there specific schools you or your client are interested in?
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
It is all relative. If you are looking for the best schools in the San Gabriel Valley area, I suggest San Marino or Arcadia, then Temple City.
Laurie Turner, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
There are several options for schools in Pasadena. As Peggy mentioned below, Hamilton Elementary is very good, but the public system on the whole is not as strong as many neighboring communities. If you are looking for outstanding public schools I would steer you toward San Marino, Arcadia, South Pasadena or La Canada. Although you will pay a premium for housing you will be able to take advantage of the public school systems. Pasadena does, however, have a host of outstanding private schools, denominational and non-denominational, single sex and coed, that serve first grade through 12th. You won't necessarily pay as much for a home in Pasadena which means you also won't pay as much in property taxes over the year, but you will pay tuition costs. If you want more information or a tour of the area, please contact me and I will be more than happy to help.
Peggy Vacca…, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Hamilton Elementary School, located at 2089 Rose Villa in Pasadena, California, and Don Benito at 3700 Denair in Pasadena, California serve grades K-6 in the Pasadena Unified district. are among the few public elementary schools in California to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 8 out of 10.