Schools in Jacksonville>Question Details

Dee Rich, Home Owner in Aliceville, AL

Relocating to NAVSTA Mayport from Norfolk VA. Want to initially rent house between NAS Jax and Mayport.

Asked by Dee Rich, Aliceville, AL Sat Jun 15, 2013

Safe community and great schools a 100% must have. Any suggestions?

Answers

5
There are some wonderful homes available in every section of Jacksonville...thank you for this question Mr. Richey. We are fortunate to have the two Naval Bases.....and...finding rental properties about equal distance from the two is very possible.
Finding the BEST area may depend on your travel schedule...You will find our roadways easy to navigate....BUT....if you are heading WEST during the hours of 4:00-6:30 P.M. and have to cross the St Johns River over the Buckman bridge...you will be in TRAFFIC on the way to NAS JAX...But in the morning...it is a BREEZE! Heading to Mayport is another issue.We have great roads.
Will you be working at one location? Do you have a choice of one or the other? Will you be working at BOTH NAS JAX and MAYPORT? What price range? Pets?
My FIRST thought is "in the middle"....BUT....that may not be the answer. Southside near Kernan? Maybe But...Maybe another answer is better. ..You may want to contact a real estate agent with whom you feel comfortable....an experienced agent who KNOWS all areas....NOT someone who is JUST knowledgeable in one area of Jacksonville.....you need to have an agent who KNOWS the schools...who KNOWS the travel times AND possibly the alternate routes to either one or BOTH locations.You may find the Mandarin area....or the beaches area....or the Baymeadows area RIGHT for YOU.
You will LOVE Jacksonville.....we have great weather (usually).....can be OUTSIDE 12 months of the year.....we have GREEN and FLOWERS all year round.....we have the OCEAN, the RIVER, PARKS, SPORTS, the ARTS, MAGNET schools, award winning PUBLIC schools....LOTS of activities...even ice skating!
If YOU choose...... Contact Hickory, my son, or me, Donna. It would be our pleasure to give you a city tour and fill you in on where to go, about the schools, about the travel times....We are Jacksonville natives and would be proud to introduce you to the BEST place in the world to live!

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate Lady"
Oceanside Real Estate (We sell in the NORTHEAST FLORIDA area...we KNOW Real Estate)
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK (904) 732-7225.
Welcome to Florida! What are your housing requirements? Pets? How soon do you need a place to rent? Www. Duvalschools.org can assist you with school ratings, etc. please email your needs so i can pit you on a daily MLS update. michelericheymartin@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 15, 2013
I would suggest you seek housing in the area of Monument Rd or Kernan Blvd. Please call me (Dan) at 904/ 612-3621 so i may assist you further with your search. We are a 3 person team with a varied range of experiences that include a military officer and 2 former military wives so we understand the dynamics of house hunting at a new assignment.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 15, 2013

Quite a few homes. What price range and how big / BR?

Blaine Rabe
Exit
904-874-0814
Would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist in your relocation. Love the military! My son is attached to the Carl Vinson. As soon as I am in front of my PC, will send you what is currently avail!