Question about Rickover Naval Academy is this academy inside of SENN High School?

Asked by Edwin Serrano, Chicago, IL Wed Nov 5, 2008

Answers

2
Tom McCarey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Nov 5, 2008
Edwin,
The academy occupies the third floor of Senn. It opened in the fall of 2005. It has a a limited census - I believe fewer than 300 students. There is disagreement in the community as to whether a public school should have a military-style academy within its premises. Some critics say Rickover has been positioned to succeed at the expense of the "public" school. Thus the academy gets preferential funding while the "public" school carries on with an older infrastructure and dated and worn materials.

There is an effort by Alderman Mary Ann Smith to establish additional programs at Senn that would move the school to a higher achieving group of schools.

I hope this helps.

Thomas McCarey
Member - The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
Accredited Buyers Agent
Obama Supporter
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties
Wayne Beals, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Nov 5, 2008
Looks to be the case, although I grew up a few blocks away and never heard of it. They have a Chicago Public Schools logo on their website.