Our family is relocating to Winchester VA. I have two kids in the middle school and one in high school. How is this school??

Asked by dtrischitta1, Winchester, VA Mon Oct 21, 2013

Answers

4
Kevin.salzman, Home Owner, Winchester, VA
Wed Jul 9, 2014
I lived in Winchester for four years and have a 14 year-old daughter (now). She attended a brand new elementary school (1-yr) that was great with awesome teachers. The same experience cannot be said about the middle schools in Winchester. Depending on the area you live, your children will go to specific schools. We had one school less than a mile away, but she could not go there because where we lived. She had to be bussed to the other side of town. There in no common sense in the school districts. Winchester City and Frederick County Do Not Share resources which causes poor service and substandard schools. It would make more sense to do away with one of the systems and combined districts to provide a better learning environment for our children.
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Janice Copel…, Agent, Winchester, VA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Hi there! Welcome to awesome Winchester! :) We moved here 9 years ago when our kids were elementary age and middle school age and we have loved the schools here! My oldest graduated in 2010 and she enjoyed the high school as well! For unbiased info, check out http://www.schooldigger.com and they will give you all kinds of information to help you feel good about your decision.

I'd love to chat further with you about the area, things to do, etc.. Feel free to call me at (540) 931-5050 or email me Janice@janicecopeland.com.

I would love to help you!

Warmly,
Janice Copeland, REALTOR, ABR, SFR, Member- ILHM
Jan & Dan Team- RE/MAX Roots
(540) 931-5050
http://www.JanandDanTeam.com
Thank you Janice. We have not moved their yet (hopefully by February). My first concern is to make sure the schools are decent, then I need to worry about what neighborhood we want to live in. I would like to live in a development that has kids. The town sounds like a place we definitely should check into.
Flag Mon Oct 21, 2013
Don O'Wade, Agent, Winchester, VA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
The best way to asnwer this is to visit the Frederick County School website, http://www.frederick.k12.va.us/pages/Frederick_County_PS

This will give you all the bias information needed about our schools in the area as well as finding out which addresses will fit into the school zones.

Feel free to give me a call to help with find you the right house of choice. I can be reached at 540.514.1819

My sister and my wife are school teachers in the county for past 8+ years.

Don O'Wade
REALTOR with ERA OakCrest