New to NY state. Which towns have the best School Districts near Ft. Drum?

Asked by Shea Kautz, 13602 Sun Jul 15, 2007

We are relocating to New York. My husband will be stationed at Ft Drum. Our primary focus is finding a home in the best school district in the surrounding area. We have a son who will be in the 9th grade next year is is a very good student as well as an athlete. His education is our first priority in our quest for a new home and community. Any suggestions, experience or insight?

Answers

4
Carolyn Gaeb…, Agent, Watertown, NY
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Carthage has a very good school system and sports program. I graduated from there and would highly recommend it. My children went to Carthage schools. One graduated from there. After moving to Watertown, I had two children graduate from Watertown High. I currently have a junior there who will graduate next year. The sports program is good as well as the academic.
Keli DiRisio, Agent, Victor, NY
Thu Sep 27, 2007
Hi Shea. I grew up in Watertown and attended Watertown High. I had good experiences there and got a good education. I went on to receive a bachelors and masters. I would check out the website mentioned in the other post, or call some of the schools in the area and talk to the administration.

I do know that Watertown also has a great sports program. I just went back for a 20 yr. reunion and saw all of the changes and they were impressive!
Chiloquin, , 30905
Thu Jul 26, 2007
You may want to try Carthage school district or Watertown City School District ..Both highschools are pretty good. If you need a house, let me know...mine is on the market for $139,900!It is on Trulia...121 N Pearl Ave Watertown NY
Megan, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 16, 2007
hi shea, i'm not from this area but have checked out greatschools.net. it has ratings and reviews of local schools by parents. i put the website link below
Web Reference:  http://www.greatschools.net