My husband is looking at a job in lower manhatten. Where can we live that has good public schools and affordable housing (less then 3500 a month) ?

Asked by Sarah Livingston, Lovettsville, VA Wed Jul 31, 2013

Answers

5
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 31, 2013
The Financial District is the fastest-growing residential neighborhood in Manhattan. Because just about all train lines converge down there, it is extremely convenient for getting almost anywhere in the city. In fact, the new Fulton Hub, which is under construction and coming along nicely will bring over a dozen train lines under one roof, making it an extraordinarily convenient neighborhood.
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Please contact me to discuss housing. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Eduardo Euse…, , New York, NY
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Sarah,

You can find school performances at nyc.gov; there are many great places to live in Manhattan. I have access to every available listing in Manhattan, so if you would like more information please feel free to call or email me.

Warmest Regards,

Eduardo Eusebio
Licensed NYS Real Estate Salesperson
REAction International, Inc.
57 West 57 St., Suite 1100
New York, NY 10019
646-533-7624
eduardo.eusebio@reactionny.com
Nicole Winth…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Hi Sarah, The Upper East Side is not only a straight shot on local and express subway lines to Lower Manhattan, it also offers the best value per square footage. You can easily find a 2-bedroom with a budget of $3500. As for finding a good school, I also suggest using a third party site and http://www.insideschools.org is a great resource.
Nick Rafello, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Well, first YOU need to study where the schools you'd like to be near. Agents cannot help you in this as it is agents Federal Fair Housing Laws. Please go to http://www.insideschools.org to get the information you need.

Nick Rafello
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
R-TEAM at The Corcoran Group
nrafello@corcoran.com
I was thinking more of a commuter town, we have three children and two dogs. I just don't know the difference between living in ny vs. nj.
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013