Living / rentiing in Montclair now. Considering moving to this area. Are there any public schools that have performing arts?

Asked by Lpeluso27, Chatham Township, NJ Thu Apr 7, 2011

? We are very spoiled in Montclair with the Magnet system and freedom of choice. My daughter will be entering Middle School in September and is very artistic. Is it worth the move??

Answers

2
Westbrook74, , Chatham, NJ
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Chatham has a very strong curriculum with art and band being a part of their daily routine. There are extra curricular activities including the theatre arts. The High School is a Blue Ribbon High School and your daughter would get a well rounded education. I have lived in Chatham for 25 years and have sold real estate here for the past 7 years. It's a nice, safe community with a vibrant downtown. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance in your search for a new home. Sally Gregory Merrel ..Weichert Realtors Madison 973-769-6992
Diana Perez, , Bernardsville, NJ
Thu Apr 7, 2011
There isn't a choice for middle school, but once a student is in high school they can opt to go to The Academy for Visual and Performing Arts
You can check them out on http://www.mcvts.org
Diana