Panna, Home Buyer in Poway, CA

Is this home in escrow/sold?

Asked by Panna, Poway, CA Tue Jul 31, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3056770055-438-Ocean-View-Ter…

Answers

4
Sparky & Kat…, Agent, Encinitas, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Hi Panna,

There are currently 27 homes available in Encinitas under $750,000. I know it can be hard to tell online which homes are actually available, and which ones aren't. I can think of a few very nice listings for you. Email me with your information, and I would be happy to send you the homes that ARE available that meet your criteria.

Have a great Day!

Katie Pond
Sea Coast Exclusive Properties
760-402-2865
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Hi Panna,

There are many property status designations in the MLS. Here are 4 that relate to your question.

Active - The home is for sale and showing per the instructions in the MLS. They may also be considering offers.

Pending - An offer has been accepted and escrow has been opened. The terms of the contract now dictate the sale, when the deposit is due, the length of the investigation period, the removal of contingencies and the close of escrow date.

Contingent - This is usually related to a short sale. The owner of the home has accepted an offer and has submitted the offer to the bank for negotiation. Usually the bank sends a counter offer or an approval letter outlining their terms and conditions of sale. Once the buyer and the lender have reached an agreement on the terms, the listing status is changed to Pending and the contract then guides the sale as shown above. This process can take from 3 - 15 months depending on the lender(s) involved. If you make a back up offer and the owner decides to cancel the other offer and submit yours, the clock returns to zero and the process starts over.

Sold - Escrow has closed and the new grant deed has been recorded with the county recorders office.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists; New and Resale Homes
Property Valuation Specialists
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Hi Panna,
Steve is correct. This home is contingent, meaning that there is an offer in that the seller has accepted, but they are waiting on bank approval. Let me know if you are interested in a back up offer or in properties that are similar to this one.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Steve Mccorm…, Agent, SAN DIEGO, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012

The property you have inquired about is in "Contingent" status. The property was listed as a short sale and had been on the market for well over 1 year.

If you are interested in submitting a back up offer or would like me to assist you in finding similar homes please contact me.

Steve McCormick
Realtor, SFR
Coldwell Banker Brokerage- SD Metro
619-990-0302
Smccormick@Coldwellbanker.com