Schools in 21045>Question Details

Jennifer Din…, Renter in Columbia, MD

Is this a nice neighborhood for kids?

Asked by Jennifer Dinatale, Columbia, MD Sat Apr 14, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 21045

I have lived in this neighborhood for 21 years. My wife and I have raised three children who have gone to Stevens Forest Elementary, Oakland Mills Middle and Oakland Mills High Schools. We love this community! We lived in a townhouse in Emerson Hill for 11 years and now live is a single family home. We love the diversity and sense of community in this neighborhood.
Thanks for asking, the best way I can answering this question is by posting telephone numbers for you to investigate the schools in which you are seeking...
Little Patuxent KinderCare - (410) 730-5757
The Jim Rouse Theatre
Columbia Academy - (410) 988-4962
Columbia Academy Elementary - (410) 988-4962
Atholton Seventh-day Adventist - (410) 740-5030
Atholton Adventist School - (410) 740-2425
School Pictures Inc - (410) 997-8877
Board of Education of Hwrd Cnt - (410) 313-7199
Homewood Center - (410) 313-7081
Howard County Public Schools - (410) 313-6600
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Dear Jennifer,
I am a resident of 21045. My office is in 21045 as well. Columbia as a whole was ranked as #2 best places to live in the entire US. Visit where you will find the various amenities available. You can also research the schools at I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Ariana Loucas RE/MAX
Thank you for the information. I have just moved to the area from NC and accepted a job in the OR at Johns Hopkins and need a nice place to live. I know the schools are top rated, but some areas do show crime and I do not want to be in a neighborhood that seems to be a good rental and good school, only to find out the crime is bad. I will check the link and Thank you to everyone for the advice.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Columbia is a unique setting of individual communities with their own schools, fitness centers, shopping, parks, walking paths, etc. It's great location offers families many recreational and educational activities in addition to great howard county schools. 21045 is a large area and is serviced by a few schools. Therefore, I cannot give your more info on a particular school unless you can supply a neighborhood or street address. I also suggest you visit the howard county schools website,, to learn which schools service a particular street as well. If I can be of more service or answer any additional questions, please let me know. regards, John
Thank you. I really appreciate the info.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Jennifer, I assume you have a specific issue that interests you relative to children. Since Zip 21045 takes in a pretty large area, it might be best for you to select a Realtor© who you feel comfortable with and discuss with them exactly what you are looking for. In general, as I’m sure you know, Columbia is nationally rated as one of the best communities in which to live. Your Realtor© can help you with resources about the communities that are of interest to you and to round out your search, talk to people in the neighborhood.
Thank you.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Columbia Maryland is a fantastic area.....I have friends that live am listing a lake front condo soon and is at the top of my personal list of places to live if I had to relocate my family.
Thank you.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012
Hi Jennifer- Are you asking about a specific neighborhood, or just 21045 in general? There are all types of neighborhoods in that zip code.
Thank you.
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012