Lacey, Other/Just Looking in McAlester, OK

Is there a school in or close to mcalester that is better at dealing with add/adhd kids?

Asked by Lacey, McAlester, OK Fri Sep 5, 2008

I have a son who is adhd and the school he is in now (edmond doyle) is giving me nothing but trouble telling me how bad he is and not trying to help me, is there a school better equip to deal with him in this town??? He is a VERY smart kid he just has troubles talking and remembering to stay in his seat when he's done. I've tried and tried to tell his teacher it is because when his work is done he gets very bored very quickly but she is doing nothing but telling my kid that he is bad!! I cant take it any longer! Please HELP!

Answers

1
Erica Muller, Agent, Winter Garden, FL
Fri Sep 5, 2008
I would try calling the school board and finding out which schools offer special needs programs. I know the schools down here have a program for children with ADHD/ADD, the kids go to a recreational classroom for about an hour a day and just get some energy out and interact with other children. From what I have heard from other parents it's helped their kds tremendously.

I hope you find something that works! Best of luck!