Is the north plymouth area safe? I know I used to hear about drug activity in and around cherry street hvr, nicks rock rd, standish, safe? Thanks

Asked by Melindacady, Amherst, MA Fri Jul 19, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3125400516-16-Nicks-Rock-Rd-P…

Answers

3
smegoff, Renter, Plymouth, MA
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Cherry st and forest ave, Savery....also known as unsavory st. There has been a double shooting this past summer and last year a murder. Always car accidents on cherry st. Heroin has also been in the area of centennial....very nice st. as well as Hall st. which is also a very nice st. Like any town in america you will have a few bad eggs. overall plymouth is a great place.
Marianne Mal…, Home Buyer, Plymouth, MA
Wed Jul 31, 2013
I live in North Plymouth,and while there have been a few problems in certain areas let me reassure you that it's limited to a few streets. I have been here for 25yrs and I love it,I can walk to the waterfront from my home,the butcher,and the post office not to mention a host of stores and take out food establishments. Forest ave,and Forest ave extension, along with Spooner,and Savery lane are area's to avoid.
If you drive down Court St towards the waterfront you will find homes from $300k to $800k it's a mix of different homes and neighborhoods. I would recommend coming to the area and driving around,but I think you'll like what you see. Do yourself a favor and go down the side streets off of Court St. I think you will be pleasantly surprised,not to mention North Plymouth has 2 elementary schools which are also great. Cherry st is not such a great st.,Nicks Rd. is a mix,and Standish is safe if you stay towards the Cold Springs elementary school area.
wlmfit, Home Buyer, Plymouth, MA
Mon Jul 29, 2013
I don't think that is a very good area. Forest Street and Forest Street ext.in North Plymouth are also known for gang and drug activity.
Forest ave. Don't listen to this one who does not even know the names of the streets wimfit is beating up. Although I know these streets being a Plymouth resident for 43 years and Forest ave and extension are not the kind a place to raise young children unless you are me or like me.
Flag Tue Jan 12, 2016
True that...also forgot to mention syringes in the school playground on cherry st.
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013