Is 06704 a good place to raise a family??

Asked by Sherri Denice-Beatty, Ansonia, CT Sat Mar 10, 2012

Answers

7
Amberrosefly…, Home Buyer, Waterbury, CT
Fri Apr 13, 2012
yes, i like it very much. I used to live in the bronx, NY. I love this area. I say yes!
Bogey, , Waterbury, CT
Fri Apr 6, 2012
I am not a realtor so I am going to go ahead and say no. The schools arent great. I was born and raised still here and still live here because the market sucks and my house is not worth half of what I paid for it - and I live in Bunker Hill.. Avoid Waterbury at all costs.
As a resident of Waterbury and a Realtor I agree that prices are down significantly from the peak, however this is a nationwide issue due to the economy of the country and loose lending practices by predatory lenders and not a locally isolated problem. Of all the large cities in the state of Connecticut, I consider Waterbury as perhaps the best. We have lower homicide and crime rates than the other major cities. While our taxes are high, they are nowhere near as high as Bridgeport overall.
Flag Mon Apr 30, 2012
Ruth Zeiss, Agent, Southbury, CT
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Unfortunately, we, as realtors, aren't allowed to answer that question because everyone has a different idea of what's acceptable. I heard of an agent selling a house in her neighborhood because she loved the area and the schools but it turned out the school system wasn't right for the buyer because their child had special needs and the school system they bought into didn't have a special needs program.
Luckily, I live and work in Waterbury so I can lend you the assistance you need to find the right neighborhood for you.
Please give me a call at 347-556-0014 or my office phone is 203-264-2880.
Ruth
Ruth Zeiss, Agent, Southbury, CT
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Hi Sherri,
I do live and sell homes in Waterbury so I'm very familiar with the city. Please give me a call at 347-556-0014 if you want an insider's view of Waterbury because not all areas are created equal. Thanks! Ruth Zeiss
Jose Martinez, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Julie Traver…, Agent, Southbury, CT
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Hi Sherri, it may depend where exactly it is located in that zip code area. I would definitely recommend driving by. 06704 is in the northend section whereas 06708 would be more in the town plot area. 06705 and 06706 would be east end and 06710 would be overlook section. Would be more than happy to assist with your house search. Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty 203-578-5631 cell; julie@julierealestate.com
Rick Settani, Agent, 06770, CT
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Hi ,I dont live there but sold many homes in that zip code, my buyers still live there.. Im in the biz 27 yrs,. please call me 203-232-3523..Rick Settani - Showcase Realty,Inc.