Is South Corona, CA a great place to raise small children? Any thoughts on school district? Thank you

Asked by Nikki, Thu Jan 24, 2013

We are planning to move to south corona and wondering if it is safe to raise small children. We also worried about good school, parks, etc. Any advise? Thank you

Answers

7
Doug Beaver, Agent, Norco, CA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Great School District Corona Norco School District. Call me they are located in Norco, CA.
Thomas Jandt, Agent, Corona, CA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
I live in South Corona in the Sycamore Creek area and my wife and I have three kids, one in Kindergarten, one in Jr. High and one just off to college...

We absolutely LOVE this area and have found our schools in the area to be amazing and our neighborhood is extremely safe and really kid friendly. (We have about 10 kids a day running through our house playing with our children.)

The kids love it too....

A good family friendly neighborhood is so important! Great questions.
Elise Timpe, Agent, Corona, CA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
South Corona is one of our most desired areas. Built largely in the 90's on what was previously orange groves, it has a variety of relatively newer homes framed in a beautiful background of foothills and distant mountains. It is also a low crime area with many parks, playgrounds and places of worship.

Sadly, our world is becoming a more dangerous place and the days of letting our young children take off on their own without a care are long gone. That said, South Corona would be at the top of my list to raise a family.

Our 2 children are now in their early 20s and attending college. They both went to Santiago HS and my son attended Citrus Hills Middle school and Susan B Anthony elementary when it first opened. At that time, Santiago HS and Citrus Hills were the only schools in Corona-Norco that didn't allow intra-district transfers because they were in such demand and filled to capacity. When he attended Susan B Anthony, he had an intra-district transfer and I drove him across town every morning. My daughter was in GATE which was held at Garretson. We moved to Eagle Glen (just south of South Corona), in part, so they could attend Santiago HS.
Web Reference:  http://CoronasBestHomes.com
Carlene Blair, Agent, Corona, CA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
South Corona is a highly desireable city to live in southern California. It's location is so close to many attractions, jobs, shopping and freeways. I've lived in Corona for 20 years and proud to say we have some of the best schools in the state. Currently the city has 42 city parks, and various shopping centers with big name retailers like Walmart, Target and Costco. Loads of restaurants from various ethnic cultures and priced from low budget to superior fine dining. Drive times vary on freeways, depending on date and time. Corona is a busy city with entertainment and something for everyone. I highly recommend researching the area if you are "worried". Be proactive and research the school district, police department and also city website at: http://www.discovercorona.com/
Let me know if you need additional help!
And GOOD LUCK!
Carlene Blair
Connie Bramb…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
I see many beautiful parks as I drive through Corona. There are also many newer shopping centers with most everything you could look for.
You can check out the schools by going to the site GreatSchools.Com See whaat yoiu think.
Hope this helps a bit,
Connie Bramble
714-337-8718
Al and Shani, , Corona, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
We live here and think it is a great school district. Our kids attend schools in the area. I would do your own research for your own satisfaction.

Al and Shani
Realtors
Craig Chasta…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
In my opinion it is great! Check with greatschools.org.

Craig Chastain
909.243.4251