medicalmalak…, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Is Somerton a good place to raise a family? how safe it is to live there?

Asked by medicalmalaka2008, Philadelphia, PA Thu Feb 23, 2012

Answers

7
Carolyn Perl…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Definitely check the crime statistics. I hear there are a lot of police officers and judges from Philly living there because it's still part of Philadelphia.

Good Luck,

Carolyn Perlow
U S Spaces, Inc
215-219-0660
carolyn@usspaces.com
Ana Barlow, Agent, Philadadelphia, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Dear medicalmalak2008:

You have asked a pertinent question, however due to the Fair Housing Laws , Real Estate professionals are not legally permitted to give you a direct answer. This does not however limit us from directing you to the correct sources of information.

The Philadelphia Police Department has an interactive map that affords you the ability to see exactly what activity is occurring in a neighborhood.

The National Center for Educational Statistics can be an excellent source for school data.

I always direct my clients to spend time in an area, at different hours of the day, to come to a personal conclusion regarding how safe they feel in any community.

Please feel free to email me for additional information.

Ana Barlow, Coldwell Banker Preferred
anabarlow@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.anabarlow.com
Jessica Scan…, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Do you have children already? Also, if so, what is your educational plan -public, or private school? Honestly, the answer to those questions would be the deciding factor for me; Somerton is great; however, it is the Philadelphia SD... Do you have to stay in the city as a requirement for work?
Call me if you would like to discuss further -267.273.4999.

Warmest Regards,
Jessica Scanlon
Curt Wide Realty, INC.
jscanlon@citywrealty.net
John Leonard, Agent, West Chester, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Hello there

Simple answer. I think so. The details are illegal for us to answer, because who among us speaks for all, so good is subjective sort of like...."red or blue ?". Any of us can direct you to crime, socio-economic, educational stats, etc. Another way and a good one, if subjective is....

Drive around. See what you see, and who you see. Better yet stop and meet people. You will be amazed at what folks who live somewhere will tell you - good and bad. Stats are one thing, your own impressions are another. My personal favorite is...look at the cars you see.

Drop me or any of the other responders a line, and we can supply you with more places to gather statistics than you can possibly look up.
Maggie Brooks…, Agent, Edgmont Township, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
The best way to determine that is to check the crime statistics. As a realtor I can't determins how safe a neighborhood is. I do sell in Somerton so if you'd like to see a list of active homes please shoot me an email with your emaill address and I'll get it over to you. Or you can call Me at #267-210-9779

Maggie Hamson
Elfant Wissahickon Realtors
8039 Germantown Ave
Phila Pa. 19118
#215-247-2600 ext 229
Thu Feb 23, 2012

Maggie Hamson
Elfant Wissahickon Realtors
8039 Germantown Ave
Phila Pa. 19118
#215-247-2600 ext 229
Jim Byrd, , Philadelphia County, PA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Somerton is a very nice area to raise a family. Central location to several malls, Center City, the suburbs, and easy access to Rt. 1, I-95 and the Turnpike.

If you would like further information give me a call @ 215-840-8019, and I would love to help you find your new home.

Jim